Hi everyone,

do you already have your Evernote 10.26 on Android? I recently subscribed to Evernote mainly for new Tasks feature and then I found out it is not available for Android yet. My phone is still running it on 8.13.3 version and although I am checking for the update twice a day, it is impossible for me to get it. The fact my phone is now unable to show me notes containing tasks disrupts my work as well as my Evernote user experience. I consider to unsubscribe and lack of information of when exactly will be Evernote 10.26 for Android available in my country (Slovakia) does not help at all. 

• Level 5

Probably your device is running on Android 9 or even below.

EN v10 needs Android 10 as a minimum to run. If the device has an Android version too old for it, it will automatically fall back to EN legacy. This version does not support the new features like tasks.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Martina Pisova said:

Hi everyone,

do you already have your Evernote 10.26 on Android? I recently subscribed to Evernote mainly for new Tasks feature and then I found out it is not available for Android yet. My phone is still running it on 8.13.3 version and although I am checking for the update twice a day, it is impossible for me to get it. The fact my phone is now unable to show me notes containing tasks disrupts my work as well as my Evernote user experience. I consider to unsubscribe and lack of information of when exactly will be Evernote 10.26 for Android available in my country (Slovakia) does not help at all. 

I had to buy a new phone because it was not going to updated to above 9 (I keep phones, etc a longgg time).  I have used EN for almost 10 years, and the new features with the major update (especially Tasks, like you) made me go ahead with the phone upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Level 5

Hint: If you can't afford a new one, check if you can get a used one instead. There is the private second market, and there are more and more companies who will sell refurbished older smartphones. iPhones keep their value pretty well, but on Android you can get a 2 year old top of the line phone for half or even less of the new price tag.

Search a little, and if you are willing to accept a scratch or a dent you can get even lower. The sellers in this case give you a one year warranty under European law, and often even a longer limited warranty. Sometimes a seller got a bunch of phones from a company replacing theirs, and sells them for a bargain.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Hint: If you can't afford a new one, check if you can get a used one instead. There is the private second market, and there are more and more companies who will sell refurbished older smartphones. iPhones keep their value pretty well, but on Android you can get a 2 year old top of the line phone for half or even less of the new price tag.

Search a little, and if you are willing to accept a scratch or a dent you can get even lower. The sellers in this case give you a one year warranty under European law, and often even a longer limited warranty. Sometimes a seller got a bunch of phones from a company replacing theirs, and sells them for a bargain.

14 hours ago, BJ1359 said:

I had to buy a new phone because it was not going to updated to above 9 (I keep phones, etc a longgg time).  I have used EN for almost 10 years, and the new features with the major update (especially Tasks, like you) made me go ahead with the phone upgrade.

Many thanks to both of you. You are absolutely right, I did not realize my phone does not meet requirements. Although it is only 2 years old, it is Huawei P20 lite and as it seems, the company has no intention to allow updates above Android 9 on it. I'll probably look at some new smartphones. Thanks one more time!

16 minutes ago, Martina Pisova said:

Many thanks to both of you. You are absolutely right, I did not realize my phone does not meet requirements. Although it is only 2 years old, it is Huawei P20 lite and as it seems, the company has no intention to allow updates above Android 9 on it.

If you're in Europe take a look at the Fairphone 4... e-waste neutral, built using recycled materials, 5 yr warranty and updates. Its on Android 11. You can even repair it yourself. Battery, screen, usb port, camera... the lot!

Much more sustainable than iPhones or Samsungs and what not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

If you're in Europe take a look at the Fairphone 4... e-waste neutral, built using recycled materials, 5 yr warranty and updates. Its on Android 11. You can even repair it yourself. Battery, screen, usb port, camera... the lot!

Much more sustainable than iPhones or Samsungs and what not.

It actually seems very good, especially considering I don't like to change my phones every 2-3 years as it is usual nowadays. Also pricing seems fair. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1