Can I change the Created Date (version 10.30.6)

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

• Level 5

I have built up 38,000 notes in my primary Evernote account over the since 2009. I stayed with the legacy version due to all the problems with the new version.

But a few days ago, the sync process kept failing. I contacted Evernote support. They insisted that I HAD to upgrade to the current version to get help.

Against my gut feeling I did the upgrade they recommended (to version 10.30.6). 

I feel sick now. It was a terrible decision.

Is there any way to modify the CREATED date?

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Evernote is correct that you no longer get support on the old apps,  but it seems like a sneaky way to get you to update - I'm still using the old Windows version 6.25.1 and syncing (AFAIK) without issues.

To answer your question,  I don't think it's (yet) possible to change the created date in v10.

Your answer may be to go back to Legacy...  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, jbenson2 said:

Is there any way to modify the CREATED date?

Yes there is. Go to the note information (ctrl-shift-I) and click in the created field.  It's not obvious but if you click on the month or year you get a scrollable list. There are some limitations as to how far you can go back or forward and you cannot enter the new date as text but you can change the date. You cannot change the updated date.

image.png.800863ed1ec0301271b9eb30d2a52753.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5

Oh, yes, this sinking syncing feeling ….

Up to now I had no syncing problems with my legacy client. But OK, I am not using it much these days. What was your config when it failed ? I assume that EN would give a head warning when they cause it to fail. So when it currently does, there should be an external factor (like an OS update). And it should be possible to get it back to work again.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 2/7/2022 at 1:21 PM, Mike P said:

Yes there is. Go to the note information (ctrl-shift-I) and click in the created field.  It's not obvious but if you click on the month or year you get a scrollable list. There are some limitations as to how far you can go back or forward and you cannot enter the new date as text but you can change the date. You cannot change the updated date.

image.png.800863ed1ec0301271b9eb30d2a52753.png

Mike P

A million thanks. My last 12+ years of data were designed with an accurate Creeated Date. For example, yesterday I made an appointment with our vet for an annual checkup of our dog for Feb 22. With your tip, I can change the created date from the arbitrary phone conversation on Feb 11 to the important appointment on Feb 22.  Yay!  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 2/7/2022 at 1:47 PM, PinkElephant said:

Oh, yes, this sinking syncing feeling ….

Up to now I had no syncing problems with my legacy client. But OK, I am not using it much these days. What was your config when it failed ? I assume that EN would give a head warning when they cause it to fail. So when it currently does, there should be an external factor (like an OS update). And it should be possible to get it back to work again.

I think the Sync problem might be caused by the house router system. We moved to a new location that has terrible internet speeds - an unbelevably insanely slow 5 MBps via TDS Net. They offer a sluggish 25 MBps, but our home is too far from their box for that speed.

• Level 5

Oh, oh. That is not good, EN v10 relies on "always online". It is by all means a browser, camouflaged as an app.

Any chance to link via mobile data instead. Or getting a StarLink ? I mean, with 5 Mbps you can hardly do anything, not just edit a note.

Else it is possible to work offline. You just need to go now and then online, to let the content created offline sync.