Evernote 10 on ipad pro extremly slow

I am considering to move away from evernote after more than 10 years. The reason is the very slow performance on my ipad.

Even with all other apps stopped, sometimes it takes like 30s to ‚remember‘ what i write.

Also syncing between ipad, iphone and PC is not reliable anymore.

The problem is not the device or the internet connection. It is evernote itselve that is slow.

Anyone has a solution?

• Level 5

Use my IPad …

iPad Pro 10.5, from 2017. Nothing new, latest iOS and clients. I have not problems with EN on this device, or on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

We run it as well on older Apple devices (iPhone 6s+, iPad Air 2), all on the latest iOS and EN client. On the older ones you need to accept it runs a bit slow, then it can be used when not forcing it.

On the newer ones EN is snappy and performs very well. Start client until 1st note is open 4 seconds, when the client is open 2 seconds.

Hi PinkElephant

It werks perfectly well on my iPhone 13 and on my Windows PC. The only problem is on the iPad. It is a 4 year old ipad pro. Sometimes EN runs quite ok, soemtimes it is like 'stuck'. Is there anything like an internal cash that can be cleared? Ther eis plenty of memory available and the internet connection is stable.

• Level 5

Running it myself on a 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 with 500GB of flash memory.

No problems !

If you run a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz WiFi, make sure you are connected to the 5 GHz. It has much better performance - it will only not give you the range of the 2.4 GHz. So often a device will first connect to 2.4 GHz when coming home, and then stay with it, even when the much better 5GHz becomes available. It can make a large performance difference when one is running on 2.4, the other running on a 5 GHz channel. My devices are set to ignore the 2.4 GHz.

AFAIK there is no cache or similar. The only way to put it to a completely fresh start is a reinstall. This will dump all offline notebooks as well, so if you decide to do so you will have to go through the (lengthy) download again.

Possible measures are:

Restart or force-restart the iPad.
Usually iOS devices keep their internal memory clean. But sometimes there is a fail, blocking part of the RAM installed. To see how it is done, please look up the Apple support pages. It may be slightly different depending on devices.

Log out of your account with EN, then restart the device
Hint: Not sure, but this alone will reset offline notebooks, case you have some.

Log out, then Delete the app, when asked confirm to dump all data. Force restart the iPad, reinstall.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I uwe evernote for 10 years and use evernote for notes en gtd and have more then 50.000 notes.

I have a iPhone 12 and Evernote v10 is working fine.

But on the iPad, 12,9 inch first generation (2015) the performance to slow to work with it. soemtimes I loss information. Other app's are still working fine.

What I want to know if I buy a new iPad, is evernote for sure working better?  Similar to the iPhone 12?

Anyone experience with this? 

• Level 5

Working fine for me on iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPad Pro 10.5.

It is slow on an iPad Air 2 from 2014 and an iPhone 6S+ from 2015. One should not forget the rapid development of the A-chips driving the iOS devices. The processor in an iPhone 13 has approximately 10 times the transistor count of the 6S, which is the oldest iPhone still running the current iOS.

The new Pros even sport the M1 - this is laptop grade hardware. I don’t see a problem there.

What I can’t say is with the note count: I am at 8k.

47 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Working fine for me on iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPad Pro 10.5.

It is slow on an iPad Air 2 from 2014 and an iPhone 6S+ from 2015. One should not forget the rapid development of the A-chips driving the iOS devices. The processor in an iPhone 13 has approximately 10 times the transistor count of the 6S, which is the oldest iPhone still running the current iOS.

The new Pros even sport the M1 - this is laptop grade hardware. I don’t see a problem there.

What I can’t say is with the note count: I am at 8k.

Thanks for your feedback. I will think about a new iPad then.

• Like 1