Crashes when I paste a link

Suddenly Evernote crashes every time I try to paste a link from my phone. I uninstalled, restarted my phone, and reinstalled, but it keeps happening.

Before I reinstalled, after the second crash it would tell me to clear the cache and try again. Now I got the message below.

Weird that pasting other text works fine, that just links cause the problem.

Screenshot_20220206-101839_Device care.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. 

At least I've found a workaround...

If I go to the address bar to copy from and paste the link = crash.

If I use  Menu > Share > Copy Link = no crash.

This and the constant hanging requiring I stop the app from settings to continue are crippling my workflow.

Lol to report the bug suggestion... I'm a paying customer and reporting  a bug has never helped... never ever.

• Thanks 1

I actually did receive a helpful reply from Support supplying another workaround. It involves using the pencil icon (followed by selecting and copying the link) in Chrome instead of the double page icon. Just tried the workaround provided by Melisse, which also works for me.

Following the release notes of EN10.28 this should be resolved. I could not reproduce the inital issue on my EN10.28 installation which was reported here, so maybe this is bug is squashed.

Can anyone else confirm?

Alxa - I updated just for you ;)

(Usually I wait for quite a while to update because, you know... it's Evernote)

Bug squashed.

I copied a link by clicking the Chrome address bar double page icon and pasted that into a note. The copied link appeared in the note and NO crash occurred.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 3/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, drmrmaas said:

Same here!

… means it was solved with 10.28 (see above), or I still have a problem (but don‘t know my update status), or I run 10.28 and still have a problem. As you see, it is not good to try to use 2 words when there are 3 possibilities.

I appreciate PinkElephant's creativity in finding so many interpretations of a text I thought wasn't that poetic. In a more prosaic fashion, and using a lot more words, I am happy to declare that I currently use version 10.28 and that I no longer suffer from the obnoxious problem discussed here. Actually, it seems my experience is the pretty much the same as Melisse's.

• Thanks 1