Why does Evernote CONSTANTLY Relaunch? This limits the useability of the application. this happens multiple times per day, every day>

The specific error message is "Window is not responding. The window is not responding. Would you like to relaunch the app or just keep waiting? The options are 1) Keep waiting and 2) Relaunch.

I've try both options and neither resolve the problem without a wasted 5-10 minutes. I use Evernote constantly, in meetings, etc, and don't take any handwritten notes. So, if the app is relaunching I literally don't have something to take notes.  This has been occurring for many weeks.  When will this problem be resolved.  

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 10.02.33 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Probably the problem is a local one - I run it on my Mac all day long and have no issues.

It looks as if the network connection gets lost. To test it and find out, you can try this:

If connecting by WiFi, try an Ethernet cable 

Any security software ? Switch it off

Bad network ? Try working offline, only syncing here and then, if possible via cable

When you found the culprit, the problem must be solved where it is routed.

Thanks for the response.  However, I do not believe that is an issue.  I have a high speed connection to the home and run a myriad of other applications all day long (i.e., I work from home); none of which have that problem.   I just ran speed test and the result is 413.9 Mbps download; and 40.6 Mbps upload   Latency: 9 ms; Server: San Francisco Bay Area.   I do not run any security software.   I do not want to work offline; if Evernote required that I would stop using it.  I must have an app that is real-time and very fast; as my needs revolved around constantly changing data that I must keep current.  I realize every problem is not encountered by every user; I just know I have this problem and have been an Evernote customer for many years and want this problem resolved.   Thanks.       

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

This happens to me periodically on my Mac -- maybe once or twice a month. It only takes me like 15 seconds to relaunch and then all my Windows are right back where I left off -- so not too big of a problem for me.

I do use the version from the App store (which I've been told can cause some problems) -- so if you have this problem and are using the App store version and want to try something for kicks without contacting support, perhaps try the direct download from Evernote and don't use the App store version.

• 2 weeks later...