Why is the Evernote App still unable to create new notes

When updating to the new App version, Evernote lost the ability to create new notes on my Google Pixel 3A. At the time I used to have a Evernote subscription but cancelled because of the policy of Evernote to deprecate working features on which I relied which annoyed me a lot.

It's amazing that Evernote still can't create new notes on the app on my phone (the okay sign in the new note dialog is greyed out). Why is Evernote so disfunctional as a company that it can't provide a mobile app that can reliably create new notes?

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, ChristianK said:

Why is Evernote so disfunctional as a company that it can't provide a mobile app that can reliably create new notes?

That des not appear to be the case for any other user at present.  You might want to uninstall / restart your system / reinstall and ensure that you sign in with the correct credentials to gain access to your existing notes to check whether some download glitch didn't corrupt your local installation.

• Level 5

Somehow the installation went wrong during update - ***** happens …

Uninstall, dump all data when asked, switch the phone off, wait a little, on again, reinstall.

Your generalization when having a pure individual problem is complete nonsense.

This seems unusual. As others have advised, please uninstall the application and clear data.

If you are running Evernote beta, you can try to re-join or go back to the public rollout.

Good luck and let us know.

• 1 year later...

I had the huge default notebook (20K notes). Following Reddit I created an empty folder and make it the default one using web interface. It fixed the problem.

Old big folder still is not shown properly - saying it has 46 (!) notes only.

All other actions, including reinstalling (phone reset), clearing storage, etc didn't help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Both this and the Reddit thread are over a year old,  so whatever the problem was then,  isn't the same now.  Have you had a look at your folder on more than one device?  Given that mobile devices tend to have slower connections,  your changes may not yet have been completed on the server.

It would be useful to know your device,  OS and Evernote version,  and exactly where and how you created a new folder and assigned it as 'default'.

Android 13, Samsung Galaxy A73, the latest version of the app from the Google Play (at the moment).

I experienced the problem two weeks ago.

To fix it, I created new folder using web interface, and assigned it as the default there. Plain folder, no stacks/notebooks.

Regarding the age - the symptoms were exactly the same as described. The googling confirmed that the problem exists for year at least. Once I fix it, I forgot about it. I guess, other users do the same. Only the remainder in GTD system pushed me to answer here.

デフォルトのノートブックの設定ができない状況と思います。 PC版では設定ができていましたが、Android版ではノートブックが表示されない状態で、デフォルトのノートブックの設定ができない状況でし

(対応方法メモ)

1.PC版で既定のノートブックを別のノートブックに変更

2.同期終了後Android バージョンで状況を確認

この時点で、Android 版のノートブックの設定がPC版で設定した内容であることを確認しながら並行してノートブックの設定で表示されていないノートブックが表示されていることを確認

3.PC版で既定のノートブックをこれまで使っていたノートブックに戻す

4.同期終了後、Android バージョンで状況を確認

5.動作確認し問題ないことを確認