Prefer previous version of scrolling through PDF's instead of clicking buttons at the bottom

Not sure who came up with the (yet another brilliant) idea of putting buttons at the bottom of PDF's.  This is flat-out dumb.  I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and then look for the buttons every single time I go to the next page.  It was so very much more convenient to just scroll down.  Yet another reason to keep using the legacy version 😕

1 hour ago, Jordan Thompson said:

Not sure who came up with the (yet another brilliant) idea of putting buttons at the bottom of PDF's.  This is flat-out dumb.  I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and then look for the buttons every single time I go to the next page.  It was so very much more convenient to just scroll down.  Yet another reason to keep using the legacy version 😕

I completely agree. One workaround  is to change it (temporarily) to the all pages view. This works ok but the option isn't even available for large pdfs. Generally I view as attachment and open it in an external application.

Should this be in the suggestions forum rather than the bugs forum so we can upvote it?

• Evernote Expert

I agree that this should be an option. In the meantime I find that changing the option the first time I need to use the scroll in a particular PDF isn't so very inconvenient. I don't bother until I need to scroll through a PDF.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Mac users are better off: Opening a pdf will ramp up the Macs Preview app, and load the pdf into it.

It has all the viewing options you can imagine, including showing the table of content if the pdf carries one.

Even annotation is possible - it will transfer itself back into the attachment on closing the window in Preview.

3 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

It appears  that the option to present the PDF as full document in Evernote has returned (at least at the Professional level).  On can click on the document (top bar) and then select "All Pages".

I think it has been there since the beginning and was certainly there on Feb 5 - see my post above.

• Level 5

This option from my memory has been there all of the time. The main issue is you can’t set this view as default, not even for a single note. If you have 5 PDFs in a note, you need to switch each one to continuous view individually.

14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Mac users are better off: Opening a pdf will ramp up the Macs Preview app, and load the pdf into it.

It has all the viewing options you can imagine, including showing the table of content if the pdf carries one.

Even annotation is possible - it will transfer itself back into the attachment on closing the window in Preview.

You can also use the system viewer in windows, but it used to be that you could just scroll down to look at all of the pages and never leave EN. It was LOADS EASIER!!!!!

11 hours ago, Mike P said:

I think it has been there since the beginning and was certainly there on Feb 5 - see my post above.

So, to do something that used to be as simple as scrolling down, we now have to click on the three dots above the document (which don't always appear) and select All Pages every time you want to scroll down?!?!  This is an "improvement"?!?!?  How is that the application is going backwards and people are lauding the "improvements".

3 hours ago, Jordan Thompson said:

So, to do something that used to be as simple as scrolling down, we now have to click on the three dots above the document (which don't always appear) and select All Pages every time you want to scroll down?!?!  This is an "improvement"?!?!?  How is that the application is going backwards and people are lauding the "improvements".

Strange response. If you read my post of 5 Feb you will see that I say that I completely agree with you. I then point out a possible workaround with the associated problems that make it non ideal. I'm not "lauding the improvement" just pointing out a way that people might get by until EN hopefully make page navigation in pdfs easier again.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
5 hours ago, Jordan Thompson said:

You can also use the system viewer in windows, but it used to be that you could just scroll down to look at all of the pages and never leave EN. It was LOADS EASIER!!!!!

Preview on a Mac is not just a viewer - but since you are not on a Mac, it is the same problem as to explain a blind man the nature of light.

• Evernote Expert
11 hours ago, Jordan Thompson said:

How is that the application is going backwards and people are lauding the "improvements".

8 hours ago, Mike P said:

I'm not "lauding the improvement"

Me neither. In my contribution I said that I agreed that this is an issue that needed to be resolved but that in the meantime here was my way of managing.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...