For about a week, there are 3 or 4 tasks (both completed and not completed) that I keep trying to delete, and every time I do, they reappear.  It's driving me crazy and is making me worried about the reliability of Evernote's task function.  Support hasn't come to assist yet.  Any thoughts on how to fix?  Are bugs like this common?  Never had an issue with Todoist like this---wondering if Evernote is actually capable of being used as a task manager if it has these bugs. Maybe I should use it only for note storage?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Issue???? Letting us Know? You didn't know that your Task "feature" ESSENTIALLY doesn't work? Tasks are created and completed. You can not complete  an item on a task list if it reappears. You have NO WORKING TASK FEATURE.  Last straw material in my long bummed Evernote relationship

• Level 5

How nice you have an opinion, and even nicer you share it with us other users. To share with EN you probably should use another channel, for example via the feedback option of the clients.

So you got a new Tasks feature for free last summer, and it is not working perfectly as you want it to work ? Very easy: Just ignore it, use the task manager you always used, and you still have a better EN than ever.

EN confirmed they have recurring reminders on the backlog, and will release it one day. That is it - nobody forces you to wait for it to happen.

Personally I continue to use my Things 3 task manager. This does not make EN Tasks by any means inferior - it just tells that for managing MY tasks, I still prefer another app. My workflow - my choice.

• 9 months later...

I'm have also experienced this. Deleted tasks reappears, and active tasks disappears. There are also often problems when moving a task to an other note. Very annoying. I guess it has something to do with Evernotes slow sync - especially when using EN in more then one device (Windows + android in my case).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also having this issue on iOS and on Mac desktop, it’s terribly frustrating since I’ve been a paying customer for over 10 years and can’t believe the tasks feature has been so buggy for so long and can’t be trusted. 

In addition to completed tasks disappearing and then due dates reverting to a previous date after I’ve repeatedly hanged it, oftentimes tasks I enter completely disappear, making the feature completely unreliable and useless. I’ve now realized that a few tasks I entered are gone and I can’t remember what they are. I’m going to stop using this feature and manually transfer my tasks elsewhere. 

please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Level 5

For so long = tasks were introduced a year ago, recurring tasks this summer. I don't use them much, but it works in general.

pliiiiise fiiiix thiiiis - you see, your keyboard has a blocked "!" key, and mine a stuck " i ". We both should take better care of our hardware. Meanwhile a support ticket would be a superb idea - in the forum are just other users.

Thanks PinkElephant, apologies, I will start a support ticket, I saw some staffers do respond on this customer forum so I mistakenly thought a staffer would see that folks are frustrated. I'm seeing that it looks like this is a known issue so not sure starting a support ticket will do anything but I will try.

Sorry I vented my frustrations, will be more careful on proper tone in the future if I ever post again. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news for those who have this problem.
I got the response from the Evernote support team.
Applying "half" of the proposed solution was enough in my case to eliminate the problem (so far).
The indicated solution is to sign out of the app on the iPhone to clear the cache, delete the app, and then reinstall it.
In my case it was not necessary to delete the app. Just logging out and back in was enough.

• Thanks 2

I am having same problem a task from months ago is appearing in list on IOS devices- not MAC. Task is flagged as overdue and greyed out can not be deleted. I have tried logging out uninstalling re installing no effect.

Anyone else had any resolutions via support tickets from evernote? Failing that I will submit another ticket. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So issued resolved by EN support as follows:

"On the backend I noticed the way we package your notes for syncing and sharing hadn't updated in a while. Typically this updates automatically but sometimes it can get hung up. I have went ahead and updated this manually for you. In order for this to fully take effect, I am going to recommend you do the following."

Then basically told to log out of EN on IOS device uninstall then re install and log in= fixed.

No idea what actually was wrong or why it happens.

If in doubt submit a support ticket......

• 4 months later...

Devices: iPadAir 5 iOS 16.4.1(a); iPhone 13 iOS 16.4.1(a); MacBookAir MacOS Ventura 13.3.1(a)

Entire Task lists are duplicating themselves on the iOS devices. The Mac app is hung in an updated Java script loop this morning. Where do I go to submit a help ticket. I use Evernote daily to manage work and personal tasks and right now it's a mess. Email for Evernote is rjbtmkc@gmail.com. BY THE WAY - I love the addition of Tasks, despite the current bugginess. 🙂 Any help is appreciated. Thanks.