Add color to tags

Hi,

I saw an old video where you could add color to a tag,  to each tag if you'd like.
You had to do right click, then select style and do it from there. I can't find the style option.
Has it been removed or is there another way to do it ?

Thanks for the help !

Tag style.png

This was certainly a feature of Legacy ie: you could select a tag, right click, pick "style" (or something like that) and then select a color.  It is also possible to color code notebooks in Legacy and I use that all the time by simply glancing at the list of colors eg: Home notes are in a green notebook, Work notes are in a red notebook etc.  It's a nice feature because color coding is one more way that you can quickly get to what you're looking for.  However, EN v10 does not have color coding at this point in time.  They may stick it in later.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'm confused.  The image you added is the place you need to be.  It might help us to know what device, OS and Evernote version you're actually using...

I am using the latest version, and I tried on PC and Mac , desktop and browser version.

Those are all the option I have when right clicking.

Tag evernote.jpg

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, idoc said:

This was certainly a feature of Legacy ie: you could select a tag, right click, pick "style" (or something like that) and then select a color.  It is also possible to color code notebooks in Legacy and I use that all the time by simply glancing at the list of colors eg: Home notes are in a green notebook, Work notes are in a red notebook etc.  It's a nice feature because color coding is one more way that you can quickly get to what you're looking for.  However, EN v10 does not have color coding at this point in time.  They may stick it in later.

That makes sense, I've been looking everywhere,

I hope they'll make it soon. I don't get why they removed this feature, that was pretty awesome.

Thanks !

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Jerome777 said:

I hope they'll make it soon.

In the mean time the work around that has been mentioned in other threads is to use coloured icons (emojis). These also work in note titles and notebook names.

• Level 5

I would be surprised if it doesn't. You basically copy the emoji (or better: Its unicode) into the text field of the notebooks title.

If it does not work, another reason to get rid of the old, outdated, insecure OS you are running. You use it on a computer that is connected to the internet (else EN would not work) - and Win 7 is unsafe to be used on any device connected to the web. An antivirus software will NOT heal this situation.

There is a bunch of nasty bugs out there !

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
15 hours ago, idoc said:

OK.  I am assuming that @agsteele is referring to win10.  I use win7 and this does not seem to work there.

Then your favourite search engine will tell you how to work with Emojis in Win 7

It appears as if emojis do work quite nicely in this setting.  However, win 7 does not allow for colored emojis!😢   This remains a nice feature for ENv10 on win 10 or 11.  My Legacy is all color coded notebooks and it really makes me more efficent.