prioritizing task list?

I find that a task listing without the ability to prioritize is not that useful.  I see that some people have sort of worked around this limitation in EN by modifying the task description, but I would like EN to have the most useful features as part of the product.

So am I missing something. Is there a supported way of including a task priority (a/b/c, or 1/2/3, or....)

Or - is this a planned feature. I saw the January Ian Small update, and this wasn't on the feature list. Can't think of any source on time management or productivity strategies that doesn't suggest or insist on prioritizing tasks.

Suggestions?? thx,

I understand that would work. But I think that prioritizing tasks is so key to good management, it needs to be built into the product. In which case I could imagine a few additional features that would help.

thx,

That's right @ChristianJB. In that post, we wanted to share a list of the most common requests to make sure we were right about the feedback we were hearing.

But thanks for pointing that out (or I guess you could say "flagging" it 🙂).

@markehwould different color flags help you with the need to prioritize? (assuming we can display them for you in a user-friendly, effective way)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jack Lynch said:

That's right @ChristianJB. In that post, we wanted to share a list of the most common requests to make sure we were right about the feedback we were hearing.

But thanks for pointing that out (or I guess you could say "flagging" it 🙂).

@markehwould different color flags help you with the need to prioritize? (assuming we can display them for you in a user-friendly, effective way)

Think about how you might use a list of tasks/projects:

► Organized (sorted) by overall priority.

► Organized by priority within "project" - in EN terms, this could reasonably mean organized by note.

► Organized (sorted) by how soon something is due.

► Organized by "sub-tasks" - To get Item X done, I first need to complete A, B, and C.

► Being able to sort the same list by any of these criteria.

I think this is all pretty common, old school, well established ways of trying to make yourself most efficient and effective. Not much new here. This is how effective task/project management systems work. If EN wants to be in the task/project management business, I think they need to do all of this.

It seems to me that the advantage of doing this on a computer, instead of on paper, is the ability to easily view this same data multiple ways. Other task/project management products already do this.

EN starts with a really interesting capability - I can put a task in any note, and it magically appears in the global task list. Being able to view the data in multiple ways is the next step.

I predict you will get there sooner rather than later, or give up being in the task/project management business. .

Hope that answers your question - just my 2¢ worth......

• Thanks 3
  • 4 months later...
On 02.02.2022 at 02:58, markeh said:

Think about how you might use a list of tasks/projects:

► Organized (sorted) by overall priority.

► Organized by priority within "project" - in EN terms, this could reasonably mean organized by note.

► Organized (sorted) by how soon something is due.

► Organized by "sub-tasks" - To get Item X done, I first need to complete A, B, and C.

► Being able to sort the same list by any of these criteria.

I think this is all pretty common, old school, well established ways of trying to make yourself most efficient and effective. Not much new here. This is how effective task/project management systems work. If EN wants to be in the task/project management business, I think they need to do all of this.

It seems to me that the advantage of doing this on a computer, instead of on paper, is the ability to easily view this same data multiple ways. Other task/project management products already do this.

What really could help I think is the information from this site https://studyhippo.com/test-answers/time-management-skills/ , there is some really usefull information. Mostly its about test answers, but I think we could inspire from here and get some really nice ideas.

EN starts with a really interesting capability - I can put a task in any note, and it magically appears in the global task list. Being able to view the data in multiple ways is the next step.

I predict you will get there sooner rather than later, or give up being in the task/project management business. .

Hope that answers your question - just my 2¢ worth......

agreed, good point. I just noticed that there is not enough prioritizing and probably "sorting" for the tasks. Ok, we have those flags, but probably it is still NOT enough. imho 

• 3 months later...

I am personally thinking of migrating from 2DO app to Evernote for to-do task daily management. Evernote is still a bit lagging behind this app in terms of tasks management/prioritising etc. So if you could consider some functionality like in 2DO, it would be very nice.