No more direct scans to Evernote from Canon P-208II with CaptureOnTouch

Hello, 

I have been using my CANON ImageFormula P-208II scanner for years under Windows 10 in combination with the CaptureOnTouch (V4 Pro) scanning software and the Evernote plugin to scan documents directly into my Evernote notebooks. 

I now have a new notebook and have reinstalled the scanning software there, as well as the Evernote plugin accordingly. However, when I try to select the desired Evernote notebook in the plugin to save after scanning , I always get the message "Not connected to the network. Check the network status". My internet connection is ok, the firewall accepts the access (but I have also deactivated it on a trial basis). 

Any suggestions?

TIA

Patric

• Level 5*

Hi.  First off,  as a backup,  have a look at at Import Folders - if you can scan to your desktop,  it's possible to connect one or more folders there to import to specific notebooks.

Second - you say you installed a plugin - is this a Canon product,  or an Evernote option?  I've not encountered it before.

• Thanks 1

...have a look at at Import Folders - if you can scan to your desktop,  it's possible to connect one or more folders there to import to specific notebooks.

That's what I'm doing as a workaround since then...

The Plugin is Canon Software

The Plugin works for me for 5 Years without any issues. The advantage was that not only could I pre-define a whole set of keywords that were immediately assigned to each note when it was passed to Evernote, but also a defined base file name was generated with sequential numbering. This is a great time saver in my case...