Evernote and Google Docs

I cannot seem to find the best way to integrate Evernote Notes with Google Drive or Google Docs. Does anyone know the best way to move a note into Drive and have available as a Google Doc? I have read about several different ways, and thus far the best option has to be to export as PDF and then open as Google Docs. But tables and other formatting becomes an issue and I spend more time cleaning the thing up which defeats the purpose. It seems like the native Evernote tables and other items do not convert nicely to PDF which then means Google Docs is a mess. 

Perhaps the main issue is the formatting when exporting to PDF, but there should be an easier way to open a note in Google Docs. The integration from Drive to include a file in a note is great, but I need something for the other way. Is there a tool or process that works well? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're wishing to create a new Sheet or Doc in Google,  it seems unnecessary to create some other format first and look to convert.  I work on a desktop and tend to create the docs file I need directly and then attach a link to my Evernote note to index the content* and make it easily available from anywhere. 

What device are you starting from?  Is it possible to use the Google icon in Evernote to open a new file?

* Using my own keywords,  titles and tags...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply -- I use Evernote for my note taking and do so on all devices. Occasionally, I want to share the notes with non-Evernote users and although I know I can do so via the share feature, when you have an org that is Google Docs centric, it seems to make sense to share as a Google Doc. But a simple copy & paste does not always work well so the ability to convert would be great. 

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, BaxterG said:

Thanks for the reply -- I use Evernote for my note taking and do so on all devices. Occasionally, I want to share the notes with non-Evernote users and although I know I can do so via the share feature, when you have an org that is Google Docs centric, it seems to make sense to share as a Google Doc. But a simple copy & paste does not always work well so the ability to convert would be great. 

Can you provide some examples of content that won't copy/ paste?  I don't know whether this made it into v10 yet,  but you could always try sending notes by email,  or (subject to content) share them publicly and send the URL of the page...  or (now that I think  of it) print to PDF and send the file...?