Evernote creates multiple versions of the same note while working on it

I"m using Evernote to work in a note. I've opened the note and am typing.

While typing evernote saves the note. But the result is that sometimes multiple versions of the same note exist. Then i have to look which is the last one, and delete the other ones.

I'm using evernote: 10.28.3 on windows 10

• Level 5*

Hi.  Something to do with your system or its network connection is interrupting the signal from your device to the server.  When it is re-established, the server doesn't know whether this is a continuation of your previous edits or a new version of the note,  so it tends to save the previous version and start a new one. 

All the changes from the previous session may not have been saved - so just deleting older versions is not necessarily a good thing.  If you can find a way to improve the signal - stopping other network-using apps,  checking firewall settings,  getting a wired connection to your home network - things might improve.  If not,  try using a word-processor for your note content - that will save edits locally,  and allow you to attach the final file to your note on completion.

If you are a subscriber,  report the issue to Support.

• 9 months later...

I had similar issue after I updated to the latest version of Evernote in mid-October (I believe it was Oct the 15th) - nothing else was changed in my internet settings or work environment. I wonder if it's possible to report it to the tech team so they would take a look and see if there's a bug on that version? many many thanks!