STOP Evernote notifications for Calendar note

I'm now getting an Evernote notification for every item on my calendar (e.g. Daughter 1 swimming, Daughter 2 dance). I don't want this. How do I turn it off? My Evernote is NOT synced with Google calendar. I've tried clicking on the three dots in my Calendar widget in Evernote 10 on my work Android and Evernote 10 on my computer, but still getting this alert on my personal Android running Evernote 8 and work Android running Evernote 10.

• Like 3
  • notetakeingguy changed the title to STOP Evernote notifications for Calendar note
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, notetakeingguy said:

These notifications are happening on my Android which runs Evernote 8.13.3 and doesn't have a calendar widget

That's curious. Since v8 doesn't have any links to the calendar. I'm guessing you have Google Calendar linked in the desktop in which case, another guess, could the calendar reminders set up in the desktop be triggered on v8 on the mobile. If so, perhaps turn off the reminders in the desktop Calendar Home widget.

This is well beyond my understanding. You'll need to raise this as a support ticket.

I am getting endless getting "reminders" to take notes for meetings on my calendar, even though I turned all the notifications off. Today I got 7! 
Including 5 for a single meeting THAT WAS CANCELLED FROM MY CALENDAR.  It's beyond frustrating.

• Level 5

I had the same problem, again v. 8.13.3 of the app (since v. 10 is not available for Android 9). I found that I had to disconnect Google Calendar from my Evernote account, in the account settings. Evidently they just made this feature available for version 10 of the app, and somehow it magically applies to older versions that have no ability to control it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I had the same problem, again v. 8.13.3 of the app (since v. 10 is not available for Android 9). I found that I had to disconnect Google Calendar from my Evernote account, in the account settings. Evidently they just made this feature available for version 10 of the app, and somehow it magically applies to older versions that have no ability to control it.

When you said you disconnected Google Calendar from your Evernote account, which platform did you do that on? The web platform, the desktop windows, or something else? And on which version of Evernote? The reason I ask is because I have Evernote 10 on my work phone, Evernote 8.3 on my personal phone, and both ever notes on my Windows computer.

8 hours ago, Svig said:

Its things like this that make me seriously consider dropping evernote. scores of updates and notifications that lower the productivity one’s trying to raise. 

I definitely would, but I just don't know a good replacement. I use OneNote at work, but I still find Evernote better for searching and finding things. Part of my anger at Evernote is that I depend on it so much, which speaks to why it is good. 

• Evernote Expert
6 hours ago, notetakeingguy said:

The reason I ask is because I have Evernote 10 on my work phone, Evernote 8.3 on my personal phone, and both ever notes on my Windows computer.

Whilst I really do understand why you would decide to operate a mixed application set up, I think this is close to asking for an impossible situation where there are no conflicts. I don't have the version 8 Android app. So can't offer advice on resolving issues there. Have you had a response to a ticket yet?

Disconnecting the calendar is done in your account settings, not the apps

I have not opened a ticket yet. Opening tickets with Evernote is so frustrating because there are so many automated responses asking me to make videos, screenshots, etc, only to be told they are aware of the situation and have no ETA on it being resolved. I believe you've supported me on the bullets not pasting in order, and each time I go through the same thing. That's why I thought I'd check with others here first.

I did go on my account settings, and as far as I can tell, Evernote is not connected to my Google. I also checked on my work phone, permissions, and Evernote 10 does not have permission to access my calendar. But if I can't solve this in the next day or so, I'll try removing Evernote 10 from my work phone and see if that resolves it.

image.thumb.png.bc64cc987e0741d8cb7172dd8526664b.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm also very annoyed by desktop notifications now showing up for every event I have in my calendar. I just disabled all desktop notifications for Evernote and EvernoteHelper, cause I couldn't find a way to just disable these "create note" notifications for calendar entries.

On MacOS open System Preferences – Notifications – Evernote / EvernoteHelper and disable Allow Notifications from Evernote

2020335213_Screenshot2022-03-07at10_26_47.png.948971f12879efaf182cedd4a56c7e0f.png

It's pretty terrible UX cause now I probably won't be getting some important reminders, but unfortunately I didn't find another way.

• Evernote Expert

I can't offer much help with MacOS but since this is the area for the old v8 Android app you might get better advice in the MacOS threads.

For Windows I turned off the calendar notifications in the Home calendar widget which did the job for me.  If you don't use the Calendar connection then disable it as suggested further up this thread.