Excel spread sheet on Android phone not syncing with Windows PC?

Hi, 

New to this forum and in need of help.

I have added an excel spread sheet to my Evernote on my windows laptop, added as attachment.

When I go to open it on my Android phone through the Evernote app i get an error message "Unable to download the selected item". What does this mean, what am I doing wrong?

What I would like to do is have my excel spread sheet added to my Evernote on my laptop and my phone app and be able to edit from either device so that they both sync up correctly to each other, can this be done, if so how?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Try downloading that attachment to your phone.  Will the XLSX file open?  If not,  it means your phone isn't able to open that file type.  Try installing the Office app.  You should then be able to open and edit the file,  though you'll have to manually add it back into the note on completion.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem like the one raised by ctm1002. I get the message "Unable to download the selected item" when trying to open an Excel file in the Evernote app on my phone. I used to be able to do it but since I changed phone a week ago I have not been able to do it, all I get is the error message. Is anyone facing the same problem? I have downloaded Excel on my phone but it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

• Level 5*
On 2/9/2022 at 6:27 PM, JavierGG said:

I'm having the same problem like the one raised by ctm1002. I get the message "Unable to download the selected item" when trying to open an Excel file in the Evernote app on my phone. I used to be able to do it but since I changed phone a week ago I have not been able to do it, all I get is the error message. Is anyone facing the same problem? I have downloaded Excel on my phone but it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

Have you downloaded the Excel file from the note to your phone and tried to open it?