How Sync between Android mobile and Windows Desktop

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, rasuntzu said:

I have it installed on my phone and on my windows, the problem is that the notes that are in a folder on my windows are not synchronized on my phone

Are you logged into the same account on both?  If so,  try signing out of Evernote and back in / restarting your phone / uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  There's also additional help here:  Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

OK, this excludes the possibility that the notebook would be set to „local“. This option does not exist in v10.

EN v10 has no option to NOT sync a notebook, or specific notes. Everything is automatically synced with the server, and from there to other clients.

Have you checked whether the notebook is synced to the server ? You can check in the EN web client. If it is there, including content, it has synced until there. Then we have to look on the Android sync. Else the problem is between desktop and server.

I am not sure that I have explained myself well, my problem is that I want to have a folder of notes on my computer, that appears in my mobile app and that is also synchronized any changes that I make in the computer note

• Level 5

Every notebook in the EN client will always sync to the server, and from the server to all other clients. Every content in the notes will sync as well.

This is by design (when everything works, of course sync errors can happen), and it is the whole story.

Put anything into a note, and it syncs as soon as there is a internet connection.

Yes, I can see every note synchronized on all my connected devices with the same account, like in my mobile phone, app, computer, etc, what I want is see the notes (which are in a folder on my computer) in my mobile phone app

• Level 5

EN is not a cloud storage, it is a cloud service.

Nothing else will sync than what is in your EN data structure. This means in a note, saved in a notebook, stored in your account.

You need to import the files as attachments into notes inside of EN. Just linking them will not do, because the links will not work on your Android phone.

Perhaps you have not heard this option:

Rute:
Tools / preferences / import folders / "Automatically import files by connecting folders on your computer to a notebook."

Yes, the notes can be imported from the computer, and the note that you edit on the computer will be updated on all devices under the same account.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, rasuntzu said:

Are in a folder on my computer, is outside of EN

Hi.  If that folder has been designated an Import Folder within EN,  then the files would be part of your database also.  Subsequent changes to those folder files may not be registered by Evernote,  and so will not be updated in the note.  It's better to delete those files once they've been imported,  and to make all further changes by editing the copy of the file from the notebook.  NB when the definition you posted refers to "import files by connecting folders on your computer to a notebook" it's referring to an Evernote notebook,  not a notebook computer...

Once the file is attached to a note it will be synced with any other devices connected with that account.

Create import folders 

• Level 5

I am aware of import folders (use them myself a lot), but this is no solution.

You have asked how to sync files on your computer outside of EN to other devices. My answer: No way - get them into EN, and then they will sync.

An import folder is just one of several ways how to get a file into an EN note. That is it.

3 possible cases:

1. The file is on the computer, but not in the import folder - not synced. You can do whatever you want to do, these changes will NEVER sync.
  2. The file is in the import folder - it imports into EN, a note is created, and then it syncs. But this is NOT the original file. It is a duplicate, attached to the note in EN. The original file stays on your computer (in this case passively in the import folder), and it will not sync. What syncs is the duplicate in the new note. But this is nowhere as an independent file on your computers drive.
  3. The file is in a note - this will sync. But then it is only in the note, not independently on your computer.

If you want to sync files that are on your computer, you need to install a cloud storage, like Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud or G-Drive.