I cannot scan to selected folder/notebook .

Hi, I have the same problem. I used to click on the notebook before scanning and the scan would automaticly go to the selected notebook.

Since the update it scans to the default notebook. and i can't find a way to scan to another..

anybody knows how to do it?

WINDOWS PC 

evernote 10.28.3

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, VISUS said:

I have the same problem

I wish I knew what the problem was...  the OP hasn't defined it yet,  and it may or may not be the same situation that you're experiencing.  In your case,  what scanner / software are you using to get the scanned file to Evernote?  There's no inbuilt option (AFAIK) in Evernote to sort new notes into a notebook - you can switch on 'smart filing' or you can specify the destination for each scan.  

• Level 5

Since nobody in this thread describes what exactly they are doing (there are many scanners to scan into EN, and there are many ways these scanners send their content), it is impossible to take a look.

Cold case - until new information shows up.

• Like 1

I am scanning from IOS iPhone and that is stuck getting to EN. I have also tried scanning from my Fuji scansnap into Evernote and that is telling me that scanner can’t make connection with EN. 
i was doing all of this without issue yesterday .  EN on my laptop ( connected to either home wireless or scansnap wireless) tells me it is synching. It has been synching for hours. I can’t stop scannable unless maybe I delete app from phone but then I lose 20 pages of manual scan. I have tried logging out of EN with no luck. 

any suggestions?

• Level 5

You are probably using the wrong strategy.

Let us talk about the Fujitsu first - I am on an ix500 myself. I use a Mac to catch the scans, with the ScanSnap Manager software. It works with ScanSnap Home as well, but the setup is a bit different. 

How to do it ? Set up the ix to scan into the ScanSnap software. Set up an import folder to move any file into a new note in EN. If you want to import to several notebooks, you can set up several import folders, and connect each one to another notebook.

Fire up Scanner and Mac, make the scanner (auto)connect to the Mac. Scan. Give a good file name to the scanned file in the SSManager - important because this will later become the notes title. Set the path to which the file will be saved to your import folder. Save. The file will be send to the import folder. EN grabs it within of a few seconds, opens a new note, names it after the file name and drops the file into it.

Done.

There is another option, avoiding to use a Mac or PC. It is an app called ScanSnap Cloud, that installs on a phone. You can connect it to cloud services, including EN, and it will then pass any scan from the ix via the phone app to the connected cloud service.

You can install both methods in parallel, and use whatever is more convenient in the moment you scan.

• Level 5

Talking about Scannable:

In the apps settings you can define any notebook as default for Scannable. It can be a different notebook from the one EN itself is using as default notebook.

When you have scanned, tap on the picture taken. Below the picture you get the options to send and to save. Tap on save. On the next Screen the default notebook shows as preselection. You can change the notebook there, or just confirm.

Just tried it, the scan went to the default or when I changed it to the selected notebook. No problem at all.

• 1 year later...

Hi, reverting back to the first two posts on this thread. I am having the same issue. 

I just updated my Evernote from the Legacy version. I scan many documents daily using my ScanSnap S1300i. Previously, I simply had to open the Note Book I wanted the scanned documents (notes) to be scanned into in Evernote first. With the Note Book open, I used to scan the document, and it went into that folder directly helpful if is all the same stuff. 

Since the update, Evernote imports everything automatically into the "First Note Book" and not the open Note Book as was previously the case. One then has to manually move the notes to the right Note Book. 

If there a was to just have the note go back into the open notebook like before? 

• Level 5

There is a simple solution: Create an Import Folder for each notebook you want to target.

Then use the „Scan to folder“ option and ScanSnap Manager or ScanSnap Home. I use it with my ix500. 

What I like about it: The file name I enter becomes the note title. I get „good“ titles instead of the often cryptic outcome of the scan. This avoids rework.

After naming I choose the import folder linked to the appropriate notebook. The file goes there, the note is created, done.

• Evernote Expert

@Harry79 You didn't say which process you previously used to manage your ScanSnap scanner.  You have the option of the ScanSnap Manager software (which was the older software) or the newer ScanSnap Home package.  Both should work for you.  But note, that the ScanSnap Manager software was updated to work alongside  Evernote v10.  The current version of ScanSnap Manager is 7.2 L60  If you are away off that version then you might benefit from manually updating the software.  If you are using the ScanSnap Home package then this isn't relevant ;)

Fujitus/ScanSnap recommends the Home process but I have happily stuck with Manager.  Like @PinkElephant I use the Input Folder approach for its overall flexibility - upload direct to a folder, select a filename which is reflected in a useful note title. But that is achieved inside the ScanSnap packages Home or Manager.

@pinkelephant and @agsteele . Thank you both for those tips. I guess I'm going to have to use the import folder technique. The only downside is that I will need to replicate my Evernote note hierarchy system in the import folders. (I am using the current version of ScanSnap Manager 7.2 L60, like you i prefer the manager version)

• Level 5

Since the import folders allow to pick a notebook, but not the tags, I scan into few folders only. Then I do the tagging, and the fine tuning. I still like it better, for 2 reasons: I like to have my OCR done by the ScanSnap software, because the text data is then embedded right into the pdf, and the "good" file names avoid to have cryptic note titles.

Import folders for me is part of a process, not an all in one solution.