Did the option to encrypt text disappear?

Hi fellow Evernote users:

Did Evernote disable/get rid of the ability to encrypt notes or parts of notes?  Am using release 10.28.3 and the encrypt function seems to have disappeared.  I select text in a note, right click, but do not see the encryption option.

Did I miss something with one of the recent updates?

• 5 months later...

It won't encrypt text that has bullet points. I tried to do so and the Encrypt Selected Text option was missing. When I got rid of the bullet points, the Encrypt Selected Text was there normally when I highlighted the text and right clicked.

I'd really like it if future versions will allow encrypting text that has bullet points or numbering.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

I arranged some sensitive Data using a tabel. Single phrases with confident content I encrypted.

That works fine. 

For no apparent reason Evernote starts presenting the tabel in the note as HTM offering the option "vereinfachen und editierbar machen" (simplify and make editable).

image.png.d6bdd502f5856056f7bdf0fbe00b5b87.png

Use of that options allows access. 

But now - reason is unknown -  the button does not react. Neither on Desktop nor online. 

And I have no longer access to encrypted contents. 

Also noticeable: 

Evernote is running on different Win/Android devices: 
On the mostly used computer, Evernote does not start. I get this error message: 

image.png.f5a527cb1acc58c043082f9cf25b7609.png

New installation does not help. 

Online and all other Device: the encrypt-Option isn´t offered

image.png.f19a4be727417ea731b34553ccd248bd.png

Where is the way out?

/si

• Level 5

First and just to mention it, you use the legacy client of EN. It is deprecated since 30 months, not supported any more. Any malfunction is your own risk.

The new version does support encryption only on plain text. Plain, unformatted text, and for sure no text in a table.

Now, did you try to open the encrypted content on the legacy client ? Or did you use one of the new clients (with a version number 10.xx) ? The first picture looks as if taken from a v10 client, the following from Windows legacy.