Device Sync/Unsync broken

I'm running Windows 10 and normally use Evernote on the web browser and Android. The web browser has been having it's usual "Sorry, we’re having some trouble. Try reloading the page." issues, so last month I unsynced the web browser and synced the windows app. 

This month I wanted to go back to the web browser, but it told me I could only have 2 devices connected. Easy, I would unsync the windows app and sync the web browser. Except that it counted it as one sync, failed to do it, and still booted me off the web browser. I waited and tried again later. It counted it as my second (and final) sync and after one minute again booted me off the web browser. 

How can I get my syncs back and actually get my web browser to actually sync?

I know this is a community forum, but I don't know how to get someone to actually be able to help me. I don't seem to have the means to submit a proper ticket and all chats/calls seem to not be allowed for me.

• Level 5

Nobody needs to approve anything, but maybe the number of users asking for help is larger than those who are actively offering it.

Solution:

1) Wait 30 days, while only using what remains synced. It will reset itself after 30 days.

2) Subscribe for a month, no wait then.

3) Try to convince support - maybe this link works if you choose "Account" as ticket type:

• Like 1

I do very much appreciate the message, but understanding the device limit isn't the issue, it's the bug when it ignores your requests and counts it against you.

Nonetheless, thanks for taking the time.

FYI, the submit a request page is misleading for free users. There is no actual way to submit a request. It just gives you the runaround with the standard automated text response. I get why, still that's not very honest to call it that.

• Level 5

As I said, the support page may or may not work for Free users. I run a second account, on Free, mainly for testing. I was able to contact support using this login, but only on an account issue. Maybe they pulled that option meanwhile.

About the device limit: It was practically not controlled for a long time. This lead to users taking advantage of the ease to unsync devices, resulting in a permanent swapping between several devices. If you do mainly text notes, the other limitations can carry you for quite some time. EN found out, and installed a set of control measures against abusive practices.

That said, we had similar reports on the forum, that were resolved through support. AFAIK this is the only way, other than waiting for the reset period or subscribing.

I have this exact problem.....I have a free account and unsynced a device to get down to two allowed devices but it's not accepting it and I can't stay logged on. I dpon't want to have a paid subscription, but I really need to use my notes.  Something is broken.  It's also very hard to find a way to get online support from company.  Coyuld someone please help me....