Pricing confusion

Hello Evernote team,

I saw a 50% off sale on my mobile app, which says $34.99/yearly.  

147654935_Image01-09-20220923.thumb.jpeg.7a0bbf03f22d9b9da309d6fdfa62de57.jpeg

When I try to upgrade, the upgrade screen says it'll renew at the standard rate of $69.99 -- which is not congruent with the message in the previous screen. 

18080689_Image01-09-20220924.thumb.jpeg.1524a304ad888cc8301c5e61870f8951.jpeg

I was a paid plus (legacy) user before, and my subscription got canceled automatically due to a credit card billing issue. IT WAS ALREADY TOO LATE when I got to know, and the support team said they could not give the same plus plan back.

I'm from Sri Lanka, and paying $70 for a note-taking app compared to the currency conversion is too expensive. It's like 15% of avarage monthly salary.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you guys adapt the Apple Music / Spotify pricing model? Basically, it's $2.99/mo in Sri Lanka and other developing countries, whereas people from developed countries pay $9.99/mo.

That way, you can acquire a lot more users as well.

Anyways, I'm okay to pay $34.99/yearly, but not $69. Cos, a lot of the features you have are just "nice-to-have" like todos, calendar, widgets  -- which, of course, I don't use and see any value. I just need a note-taking app that does it better.

If it's not that possible, I understand. No hard feelings.

Cheers!

• Evernote Expert

The special offer is first year only.

Once you lose the old price deals they aren't recoverable. So your only options are Free, Personal or Professional. The special offer isn't flexible. You could try contacting account support but I wouldn't be hopeful. These forums are largely user-to-user. So whilst we can sympathise, we can't help.

• Like 2

I was a free user but now it seems a pricing plan is to be imposed on me.  I had two devices that were syncing together adequately but since new year - they don't! 

The Evernote system met my needs.  Now it doesn't.  I originally understood that my two devices would sync as required.  Now I am only allowed to sync two devices (the same as the past 3 years) but one of those devices is now listed as Evernote Web Service.  I need to disconnect one device to function but which?  Do I unsync my phone, or my pc, or the Evernote Web Service?

In any case I can't use the upgrade method because it's not working at present.  So Evernote isn't working in any possible way for me right now.

Should I just give up on Evernote (because it changes its payment plans) and use Google Keep instead?

• Evernote Expert

The EN web browser had been included as one of the devices for over a year.

The best thing to do is to disconnect all devices on your account and then log back in with the two you intend to use.

• Level 5

The web client was the playground for the new editor, the core of the v10 clients. This has improved its abilities, now being close to a desktop client. That is more or less the official storyline.

My unofficial addition: The Free client must be good enough to attract new users, but not good enough for extended use. Since the web client became too good, it would have lifted the device limit in fact to 3 devices. So EN decided that enough is enough, and made it a full client.

No idea if this really drives subscriptions.

3 hours ago, agsteele said:

The special offer is first year only.

Once you lose the old price deals they aren't recoverable. So your only options are Free, Personal or Professional. The special offer isn't flexible. You could try contacting account support but I wouldn't be hopeful. These forums are largely user-to-user. So whilst we can sympathise, we can't help.

Thanks. I sent an email to support but it bounced back. Seems like email support is a paid feature.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, angelic ally said:

"The EN web browser had been included as one of the devices for over a year." 

So why has it suddenly changed? 

Perhaps you've only recently exceeded the two device limit.

• Level 5

Since you don't post WHAT is broken, I can just take that statement at face value, and answer:

Oh dear, it must have broken down in the last 36 hours ! What a pity it does not work any longer !

Because 36hrs ago I issued my last support ticket, and it worked just fine. Even got an answer already ...

I have been paying $34.99 for my account and it renewed in July 2021.  Now I see the advertisement for personal at a discounted rate of $34.99 with the regular price being $69.99.  I have 6 months left on my subscription, but after that the price will double?  I don't need to "Upgrade" as the advertisement says.  I am very happy with the capabilities of what I am using now.  I see postings indicating that features were added to personal or that what was professional is now becoming personal.  I don't want or need any additional features.  I was perfectly happy to pay $34.99 for what I was getting, but I am not willing to pay twice as much for features I will not use.  Am I missing something or is this the choice I will be left with when my subscription expires?

Thank you.

• Evernote Expert

If you were paying the lower price then you will remain on that rate in the future unless you upgrade. Once you make an upgrade you lose the locked in price you've been on until now. You will also stay with the level of services that you currently have.

The current offer is really for Free users to entice an upgrade.

• Level 5

Under the current management there only have been one year discounts.

Lower price for the first year, than up to the regular rate.

I would be surprised if a current subscription (leaving Plus and old Premium out) would not go to the regular rate after one year has passed. Current subscribers don’t qualify for the advertised discounted rates - just read the fine print.