IOS Evernote crashing

• 2 weeks later...

I have an “Evernote personal” paid account.  Perhaps this is a grandfathered plan.  I have been using Evernote for years.   This problem began after I installed a Keyboard app on my iPhone.  I have since uninstalled the keyboard app, but still have the problem of Evernote not launching on my iPhone.   Evernote works on my iPad (which never had the “keyboard” app installed).

• Level 5

Case your problem could not be solved yet:

Uninstall the keyboard extension* you installed before. After that, restart.

Uninstall the EN app, dump all data when asked.

Force restart the device:

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

Restart, Reinstall the EN app.

If it still does not work, maybe you need to undo whatever has been done by a factory reset. Before you perform it, you need to backup your iPhone - you will need the backup to set it up again after the reset.

(*) Keyboard Extensions are among the most critical software you can install. Pretty common on Android, only rarely used on iOS devices. If there is not an urgent need to install one (for example because you need an ESC or Tab key), I would not install any.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue. When I try to open Evernote on my iPhone, it just crashes. Every "explanation" I've seen says to sync first. Well, I can't sync because (a) there's no manual way to do so that I can find, and (b) if the app won't open, I don't know how I can sync it.  I suppose I will delete the app and reinstall it and take the chance that I lose everything I've added via the app rather than desktop (which I rarely use).

It seems that there should be a "sync now" option somewhere on the web version. There are NO options for syncing anywhere. I only see mention that syncing is done automatically. But I have no evidence that this is happening. Recent clips I've saved on the phone do NOT show up in my web version.

I have the personal account and have had evernote since about 2015. I get that annual bill, believe that, but now I can't use the app.

• Level 5

If the app crashes, you can’t get at the syncing option inside of the app. So there is no way to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling.

To check whether your notes are there, you can use the Windows client, or log in on Evernote.com . What you see is what is on the EN cloud server. Usually everything should be there.

So uninstall the app, when asked dump all data. Switch the iPhone completely off, on again, install EN fresh from the AppStore.

Log into your account, and once it is open, it will automatically sync the content from the cloud server. While this happens it is better to keep the app alive, but not to work with it.