Why is Evernote overcharging me?

• Evernote Expert

Premium was rebranded Personal. A number of additional features were added so you have not been downgraded.

You should be paying the same price as before. Not the the publicly announced rates on the website. If you have actually been charged a higher price then you can raise it as a support ticket.

These forums are primarily user-to-user so while we will sympathise, we are just feels users so please be gentle with us as you get this issue off your chest.

• Like 2

Oh yes, I raised a ticket. But it's a pity I had to.

And I don't want to offend any users (neither here nor in general).

It's more of a heads-up for everyone to check their accounts if they got overcharged as well - and I already got 2 feedbacks from others who were ripped off too...

At least a partly clarification:

The 69.99 are in USD. And Evernote is no showing the $...

Which is still incorrect, as I'm a German living in Germany, wanting to pay in EUR.

But $69.99 is 61,61 EUR (as of todays rate), not the agreed 59.99 EUR :(

36 minutes ago, Farbauti said:

At least a partly clarification:

The 69.99 are in USD. And Evernote is no showing the $...

Which is still incorrect, as I'm a German living in Germany, wanting to pay in EUR.

But $69.99 is 61,61 EUR (as of todays rate), not the agreed 59.99 EUR :(

Are you paying in $ or € ? 

If you're in Germany paying in $ it would probably get converted by your bank at whatever the exchange rate is. I pay for a few things in $ each month and the price is always slightly different on my statement when converted to £s.

• Level 5

The local rate is set in local currency at a given date. It will NOT recalculate permanently due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Personal is set to 6,99€ per month (on a monthly basis), 59,99€ yearly. That is exactly the regular price charged for Premium before. Personal has all features of the old Premium, plus some in addition.

Whether they show a $ price in the Billings tab is AFAIK not relevant for what will be charged. I just wonder why they do, my billing page shows everything in €. I am located in Germany as well, paying through iTunes.

But I am sure support will answer that question.

1793146913_Skitch-Bild2.thumb.png.49f4f995a7a1b128ee08c18cd08cbedd.png