Is it all just not working well again?

New year trying to keep on top of things but apparently Evernote has other ideas.  And I have amnesia about it being broken.

I created a note a couple of days ago there are now three different copies of it the one that contains the whole details is still showing the uploading sign.

Then tonight I have been working through some work articles and “clipping” then to Evernote and then deleting them.  Well that was stupid because none of them have now arrived in Evernote.  I thought this had been fixed???

We won’t get into how many copies of the new notebook it created as although I had clicked create nothing happened but now I’ve gone back their are multiples.

I genuinely believed we were past all of this but see there has been another update this week so have we gone backwards again or did I just dream it had been fixed?

• Level 5

If has been significantly improved, especially the part that the app needed to be opened, and then a wait was necessary while it imported.

It is still driven by the sharing function of iOS, and the limitations of this function will not easily go away. In iOS every app runs in its own sandbox, not able to communicate with other apps. Sharing sets up a channel through which information can be passed.

What is in that channel has not yet reached the target app - it is in transit. If now the channel fails (for whatever reason, can be a data type that can't be processed), the channel content gets lost. This happens while the information is still in iOS.

Thus the general advise is still valid: When you share content in iOS, open the EN app from time to time and let the queue import.

My notes are also not syncing to the web system just spinning like many of the other people on the forum.  Its not really working if things you save to it simply never upload and other things are only available on a single device.  I dont come on here that much as I took a break from using evernote other than waht was already stored in it when it all went horribly wrong with the major update.  I just dont seem even though I am a very limited user that it has improved very much since that point.  I have no idea what a "sandbox" is but I am not sure that just saying well it will only work if IOS wants it to is a very satisfactory answer.

I now have a new problem where the notebook that should be importing the 3 notes via clipper and uploading two other notes that do show on IOS is now showing a note count of over 400k on the web version but actually has no notes in it whatsoever!

Evernote premium user

having turned off iCloud Drive as suggested in some of the other posts I now have one clip uploaded and the 5 notes says they have synced but the note count for the notebook is now over 700k

I’m glad yours is working ok shame mine hasn’t ever since the major update isn’t it.  I am really not sure why I thought things would improve doesn’t seem to me there has been any improvement on the basics that always used to work like a dream and unfortunately the new features that are being added are simply not what I need from the app.  I’d rather the things that used to work were fixed than time being spent on new things that we never had before.