I'm sensing a pattern here

• Level 5

After the bug is before the bug is after the bug is before the bug is …

2 possible explanations:

1. Shoddy QA (Yes - No - Ooooh 🤪)
  2. Most devs working on „the next big thing“

At least we don’t need to wait a year for a bug fix, as with legacy.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, dbvirago said:

10.28. This is primarily a bug fix release
10.27. This is primarily a bug fix release
10.26.This is primarily a bug fix release

and not even the major issue that should have been solved first: performance and all the workarounds trying to hide it (50 note selection limit etc)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, ehrt74 said:

It's likely there isn't one simple fix for performance issues. I imagine performance will gradually improve as quicker algorithms for things like synchronizing are implemented.

Interesting promise from Ian Small for 2022:

"... And most importantly, over the course of 2022, we will complete our multi-year journey to a more reliable, faster, and more modern sync architecture—the very backbone of the Evernote experience..."

https://evernote.com/blog/ceo-update-january-2022/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 1:30 PM, eric99 said:

Interesting promise from Ian Small for 2022:

"... And most importantly, over the course of 2022, we will complete our multi-year journey to a more reliable, faster, and more modern sync architecture—the very backbone of the Evernote experience..."

https://evernote.com/blog/ceo-update-january-2022/

And I wonder if this means that 2022 is the year legacy will need to be completely deprecated in order to complete the journey (since the legacy app presumably won't be updated to the new sync architecture.) 

15 hours ago, Paul A. said:

And I wonder if this means that 2022 is the year legacy will need to be completely deprecated in order to complete the journey (since the legacy app presumably won't be updated to the new sync architecture.) 

I don't think so because legacy and V10 have another sync mechanism already

9 hours ago, eric99 said:

I don't think so because legacy and V10 have another sync mechanism already

I suppose we'll see. If nothing else, it might be an excuse to drop legacy for good. I'm sure they're eager to convert the last remaining holdouts. Hopefully they'll do some analysis, maybe some surveys of people who are still using legacy to identify what's preventing them from moving to V10. 

• Like 1