Windows client no longer syncing

Hi, since few days (about a week, I guess) my Windows client no longer syncs modifications made on Android, Mac or Web, unless I close and reopen. In more detail:

• If I edit/create/delete notes from Windows client, those modifications DO REFLECT on other clients.
  • If I edit/create/delete notes from other clients, those modifications DON'T REFLECT on Windows client, unless I close and reopen it.

That's a really bad issue, hope it'll be fixed soon! 🙄 Thanks.

Windows 10 build 19044.1415.

Evernote Windows client 10.27.5.

Same Here!

It's quite frustrating, though I'm glad I'm not the only one that has the problem since maybe they'll do something about it.

editing any note at all gives me the error about syncing.

I've gone through everything on this list: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/hc/articles/208313378   (no help)

Can't ticket support since I'm a poor pleb, would be a shame to have to switch to some other service with so much data organized here already.
Please get on this. No way in heck I'd consider paying for this product until this is resolved :(

I found this solution on another thread and it worked for me.  GJ to molajusi.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, molajusi said:

I had a similar problem to this one after updating to 10.25. I solved it removing the local data of Evernote.

1. Exit Evernote Application. It is "Exit", not "Close". (Menu -> File -> Exit Evernote)
  2. Open "Run" window. (Win key + R key)
  3. Type %appdata% and click "Ok" button.
  4. Remove "Evernote" folder.
  5. Restart your Evernote Applicatioin.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Claudio79 said:

That's a really bad issue, hope it'll be fixed soon!

Hi.  Best I can tell,  you're the only person with this issue,  so something connected with your local system appears to be the problem.  As a first check I'd suggest you sign out of Evernote,  making sure that you do NOT keep a local copy of your notes.  Power your system off and on again and log back in.  Evernote will take a few minutes to rebuild the local cache,  but should operate normally after that.  If your system is still not syncing properly I'd suggest reporting the issue to Support.

These Forums are mainly user 2 user - subscribers can raise support queries here -  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client).

I had a similar issue with synchronisation of Todos on Iphone (I initially made the changes on Evernote Web). The issue has been resolved after logging out and subsequently re-login on EN Iphone.

Here are some general suggestions giben from Evernote support team:

1. Restart your device. Simply restarting a device may fix a sync issue.
  2. Empty your 'Trash' folder. Sometimes a note in your 'Trash' folder will cause sync problems. In this case, emptying the 'Trash' may resolve the sync issues. There is no way to restore notes once they have been emptied from 'Trash'.
  3. Uninstall/Reinstall Evernote. Before uninstalling Evernote, ensure that all your notes are synced and visible in the Evernote Web. You may also wish to backup or save a copy of your notes.
  • Like 1

Tried everything, no luck. In the meanwhile I found issues on Android as well! Now if I try to create a new note on the Android app, the check symbol on the top left stays grey and I can't save the note!! 🤦‍♂️

I really can't stand how EN has become buggy, slow and poorly developed and maintained! 😭

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Claudio79 said:

I really can't stand how EN has become buggy, slow and poorly developed and maintained!

Well 1)  This seems to be confined to a maximum of two users so far,  and the other comment above mentioned this page - Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues - which might help you.  And 2)...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

If your system is still not syncing properly I'd suggest reporting the issue to Support.

As at least one if you is a free user,  you also might want to check on how many devices your account is supporting,  and whether you have exceeded any upload or size limits.

Understanding the device limit

Evernote system limits

Ticket submitted. I'm kinda frustrated, so excuse me, but issues started with no apparent reason: no system updates, no EN client updates, no settings change, nothing at all! So I guess it's a sort of server-side problem, maybe related to few accounts (or maybe only mine!! 😅).

• Level 5

You could try this on your PC. It will rebuild the local database.

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote
About the server, you can always check here if there are any incidents reported:

Today everything seems back to normal, sync works fine. Hope this was just a temporary issue on my account, but I have to say again that I absolutely made NO changes on my devices or configurations! 😉

Have a nice day everyone! 🙂

• Like 1