How can I copy pieces of an Evernote text to paste into e.g. an email?

Go to solution Solved by Herbie,

• Evernote Expert

@Herbie, you don't say which application and OS you are having a problem with.

On Windows 10, the desktop app  works as you would expect all text to copy/paste.  Highlight the text you require right click and select COPY or tap Ctrl+C. Then paste into the new document/Email.

33 minutes ago, agsteele said:

On Windows 10, the desktop app  works as you would expect all text to copy/paste.  Highlight the text you require right click and select COPY or tap Ctrl+C. Then paste into the new document/Email.

Are you sure that it  copies embedded images as well?

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Are you sure that it  copies embedded images as well?

You haven't mentioned images until now...  Evernote displays images in a web-page style,  but email would normally just add JPG or PNG image files as attachments.  The two methods aren't compatible.  You could try adding a screen-shot of the note to your email,  which would show the text and any graphics exactly as you see them.  Or you could share the note itself.

Use Evernote Helper for quick notes and screenshots

Share notes

14 hours ago, agsteele said:

Sorry, Windows 8  desktop app and also on my chromebook (chrome OS) using the Evernote app.

• Level 5

Windows 8 desktop app does not tell the story. AFAIK it may be the new v10 client (would currently be 10.27), the legacy client 6.25 or (looking at an outdated operating system) even older Evernote clients.

On the Chromebook I assume it is the Android client - may be again version 10 or AFAIK as well version 8. There is no native client for ChromeOS.

Without this information about the clients no idea.

• Solution

Thanks for your help people.    The problem is solved.  I have always been a mouse user and used the Right-Click and choose Copy then Right-Click and choose Paste method and that doesn't appear to work for some reason. I suddenly wondered and tried the [Control + C] method then e.g. in an email, Rt-Click and paste and BINGO, success!

I am using the legacy client 6.25 with Windows 8. I cannot find reference for what the version is on the Chromebook.