Bug in v10 client for mac

Hi,

Previously, we could add a hyperlink(cmd + k) to a word in the code(cmd + ctrl + b) section of a note.  (Example)

Now in v10, all the previous links in the code blocks are gone. This is a major bug and a terrible experience for me personally, as I tend to write all my notes in code blocks.

• Level 5

It is good practice that links in code sections are not executable. They are code, not meant to be active.

Write your notes as you like. If you prefer this typewriter typeface, use the monospaced font.

If you use the code block instead, you get what you chose: Text restricted to code type editing features.

It is not a bug, it is a feature.

I understand the bit about good practice. That is not the point.

You cannot give a feature in v1 and then remove it in v2 without any porting. They should have made sure there is a way for us to access the hyperlinks(maybe append the hyperlinks in a bracket next to the text wherever its present, or something like that), instead of directly removing.

• Level 5

Well, EN decided to rethink several issues when releasing v10. Just to mention some: Treatment of fonts, handling of checkboxes vs. checklists, etc. I think most of this (and the code block URL looks the same) is due to the recoding of the whole client software. This is when questions arise „How shall we solve this and that“, and you have to move down one road.

Sorry for the impact on your way of using the code feature to write normal notes. I am pretty sure this was not on the table when it was decided.

You can contact EN through a support ticket, or by the feedback function of the clients.

• Thanks 1
On 12/30/2021 at 3:26 AM, lgangwal said:

You cannot give a feature in v1 and then remove it in v2 without any porting. They should have made sure there is a way for us to access the hyperlinks(maybe append the hyperlinks in a bracket next to the text wherever its present, or something like that), instead of directly removing.

Or more importantly, you should not lose customer data.  Was there anything in the Note Info revisions?

• Level 5

As I understood the initial post, there has no data been lost. URLs just don’t work as an active Hyperlink any longer in v10.

If you copy & paste them out of the code block, they should work as link.

You can really discuss if an URL should be executed as a hyperlink when embedded into a code block. My understanding of the code block text format is that it stores code „cold“ without allowing it to execute.

Example: There is code that works malicious by a HTML term including a hyperlink that calls the damaging part from a C&C server and runs it. IMHO it is better to have no active capabilities in a code block segment.

Code block was never meant or advertised to be used for standard note taking, as the thread owner said he used it.

My sympathy for the effort that is now necessary to transfer content into a normal note format.