Performance improvement is essential

s42

Idea

Just  updated to 10.27. It is still as slow as ever. It takes several seconds for almost any action. This lag means it essentially unusable for it primary purpose, i.e. take notes.

There doesn't seem to be any mention at all by EN staff about this issue, just lots of complaints in the forums. What gives??

• Like 2

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, s42 said:

There doesn't seem to be any mention at all by EN staff about this issue, just lots of complaints in the forums. What gives??

Evernote don't react to individuals about specific issues,  and some folks seem to be getting on with v10 just fine,  so it's not an endemic issue - workarounds are - use Legacy where necessary in hopes of further development sorting this out,  and report slowness to Support (which is not us) so they can tech your individual system and connection.  Good luck,  and let us know what happens!

• Level 5

@s42 You don't give any information about your setup, so hard to tell what may be wrong.

EN v10 needs more resources than legacy, so if your PC is older, it may well be that performance of the new version is underwhelming. In this case installing legacy is probably the safest way to get back to a better performance.

The forum mis mainly user2user. If you want a feedback from EN staff, issue a support ticket.

I really feel that Evernote 10 is a downgrade from the previous version. I have a new laptop with an i9 processor and it still runs very slowly. It's better than when it was launched, but it's still missing things like integration with apps such as Foxit PDF. 

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, yozhik said:

missing things like integration with apps such as Foxit PDF.

??  That's an OS level integration - if you set your default PDF reader as Foxit,  that's what should open your files.  Evernote (AFAIK) has never had a built-in default PDF reader... (apart from the annotation process).

• Level 5

True for Windows. On the Mac EN v10 very nicely interacts with the Preview app build into MacOS. It opens Preview directly from the attachment menu in v10. After editing is done, on closing the attachment in Preview it automatically saves back with all changes to the note.

This is however interaction with an app delivered as part of the operating system. This does not work with other apps, like PDF Expert. In this respect EN legacy had more options. But as Preview is a powerful editor and annotation tool, it covers 95% of my use cases for an advanced PDF editing.