iphone 13 pro max on 15.2

evernote 10.23.1

Guys - I've had numerous instances of Evernote not syncing immediately or not even till next day. At times, it's an image I took within the evernote camera but other times, it's just plain text entry and I keep landing up with conflicting notes. Any settings on the iphone I should dabble with?

Thanks

• Level 5

You are only telling half of the story.

When you are syncing, you are not syncing the iPhone with the iPhone. There must be other devices. Does your iPhone have a problem delivering new notes to the other devices, or do the other devices lag in syncing content created there with the iPhone ?

I think the iphone has a problem delivering notes to the cloud because all my other 4 devices (windows computer, android phone) are working fine with sync and never have  any conflicted notes between them. Thanks

• Level 5

Most of the time the up sync to the server works, it is the down sync that may have a delay.

You can cut the process in two by opening the web client. It will show what is on the server. If it takes a while for the iPhone content to show there, it is the upsync. If it shows quick, but the other devices don't get it, it is the downsync.

You can try to improve by going to the EN app settings in the iOS settings app. Check if "Background updating" is allowed, if not enable it.

• Level 5

Yes, it is OK if it is set. I am not on an English iOS copy.

Now try to find out whether the new content fails to get to the server, or the distribution from the server to the other clients is lagging.

When in the web client, you need to refresh the page from time to time - or you may only see what is in the local cache, not what happens on the server.

• Level 5

You can try this in escalating order:

1. Drag down the notes list with a finger, let go. 
  2. Go to EN app settings, syncing, choose sync now
  3. Log out of your EN account in the app, close the app, switch the iPhone off / on again, open the app, log in
  4. Log out of your EN account in the app, close the app, uninstall the app, dumping all data when asked. Switch the iPhone off / on again, reinstall the app, open it, log in

1 and 2 are only to make it sync once. 3 and 4 try a permanent fix.

• 7 months later...

This issue seems to be a common problem for me as well. Your solution steps are not a real fix...this app used to sync quickly without issue as soon as a change was made and now it does not. I will update a note (even with just text) or create a new note - and it takes a very long time for the sync to happen. You used to be able to go to all notes and then pull down to refresh/sync and it would work right away. Now it does not...I will still see the note with the green corner triangle signifying that it has not synced after pulling down to refresh many times. This really needs to be addressed as its been a problem for a LONG time now.