Make "Report" a 2-step process

Never Noter

Idea

I was referred to some Evernote text content by a Quora user. At the end of the content, there were 3 links, one of which was "Report."

I was curious what kind of "reasons" might pop up when I clicked "Report," so I clicked. To my horror, the page immediately executed the Report action without asking did confirmation. Now that Evernote user will go under scrutiny. This is unfair for your customer!

Something as serious as content flagging should be a 2-steo process, where the user is asked, at the least, if they're sure they want to Report--giving them an option to cancel the action, should it be accidental.

THIS IS A FAST, MINOR CODE EDIT so there's no reason not to implement it. I hope you do this for the sake of your customers.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Never Noter said:

I was referred to some Evernote text content by a Quora user. At the end of the content, there were 3 links, one of which was "Report."

I have no clue what or where this might be.  However I'd imagine that whether or not this was an Evernote site all "Reports" received are examined to determine whether the post is acceptable or not,  and whether any action is merited.  No action would automatically be taken on the basis of your click.

• Like 1