Is there a way to bulk export notes to 'separate' PDFs?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Akshay Dadhwal said:

The 'Export to PDF' option converts the selected notes to a single PDF. 

The multiple export option is still available in Legacy,  or (depending on the abilities of your PDF editor) an export to HTML might work if you then convert or import the HTML files to PDF.  Printing or converting notes to PDF is also a little haphazard as there are no document layout controls - notes will have system-placed page breaks and images. 

I'm not sure how far the free version features stretch,  but you might like to look at https://www.fastpencil.com/ which claims to publish books (in various formats including PDF) from Evernote.  See also https://appcenter.evernote.com/app/fastpencil/web-apps

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 6 months later...
On 12/21/2021 at 12:13 AM, Akshay Dadhwal said:

The 'Export to PDF' option converts the selected notes to a single PDF. 

Yes, but even a note that runs 4 pages is converted to one page PDF. I need to "print as" to convert to a normal, multipage PDF. 

• Evernote Expert

The OP was raising a question about exporting multiple notes to PDF and getting a single PDF with all the note content (I concur with this experience) whereas you seem to be saying that exporting a single note creates a single page document.

Evernote notes aren't paginated. To test, I exported a longish note that I have as a PDF using the Export PDF function in Evernote for desktop.  It appeared in the PDF as six consecutive pages. I then tried printing to the PDF printer and that created a four page document as the margins were different. But four separate pages.

So perhaps you can describe how you are creating the PDF and we might be able to suggest a solution.

I don't have the Professional level subscription which has more sophistication in exporting PDFs but handles exporting a notebook to PDF.  I'm not sure what that looks like in practice.

19 hours ago, agsteele said:

Evernote notes aren't paginated. To test, I exported a longish note that I have as a PDF using the Export PDF function in Evernote for desktop.  It appeared in the PDF as six consecutive pages. I then tried printing to the PDF printer and that created a four page document as the margins were different. But four separate pages.

In my case, I have documents created through Penultimate. While on the desktop version of Evernote, I look at the doc and right-click "save as PDF". That PDF is one page which has multiple pages of my document shrunk to fit. To convert to PDF, I've been "print as PDF" which works but is tedious. (I've started to use Notability, which syncs for me to Google Drive, and the document it creates on GD is a PDF, scaled correctly, reflecting the document on my iPad. 

• 1 year later...

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this.  It would be super helpful to be able to select several notes, select export to PDF and have an option for each note to be its own PDF file instead of making them all one file.  

Yeah, more than one extra step for me: splitting them, naming the files individually (instead of Evernote naming it from the Title, which I like). It is actually faster for me to export each note individually than it is to export it and then split up the PDFs.