Evernote icon has disappeared from gmail

Using Window computer, all of a sudden the evernote icon has disappeared from Gmail. I went to the administrator account for Gmail and uninstalled and re-installed evenote. It still does not show anything. It shows an empty space instead of the usual icon that was there for years.

Although the app has been clearly installed on Google Admin panel.

I appreciate any insights.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Are you using Chrome by any chance?  Your query prompted me to check my gmail (via a Chrome browser on Linux) and both my accounts are missing the icon too.  Seems to be a Chrome update issue.  Short term - if you're a subscriber - you could use your Evernote email address and simply forward items.  Meantime,  raise this with Support of you can.  Thanks for the heads-up!! 

• Like 1

Yes, I am using chrome, but it is the same in internet explorer. Will use Evernote email for forwarding. 

Also few days ago, the Evernote icon stopped working on Gmail app on my iPhone as well. I am surprised that I couldn't find more complaints about these issues. 

Thank you so much for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

So for the record, no evernote icon in Gmail on Chrome, Explorer or Safari. I checked three different computers, PC, Mac and Chromebook.

Also the evernote icon is there on Gmali app on iPhone,  but after clicking on it nothing happens. 

I am leaving all these detail here, in case someone else has a similar issue.

• Evernote Expert

This seems to be an issue that has arisen in the past week. I no longer the see the Gmail add-on in Firefox or in the mobile app on Android. I'd suspect Gmail/Google as the culprit but, of course, I may be wrong.

• Like 2

Yeah, same problem here... If you go in gmail to the settings -> add-ons, they will tell you that evernote is not installed but if you go to the marketplace / admin panel there is evernote already installed. So they confuse the hell out of me...

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. Our development team is currently working on this issue. This is absolutely a top priority issue right now, they are committed to getting that fixed out at the earliest possible time. I appreciate your patience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just adding my voice that my icon link to Evernote from within Gmail has also disappeared.   Gmail shows "no add-ins" installed.  But if I go to "manage add-ins," it DOES show it is installed!    Uninstalling and re-installing does not help.   Thx for working on this to quickly remedy it!

So now that we’re all here, and things are working again, how come the iPad version of Gmail has never worked with Evernote for Gmail? There has never been an Evernote button in my emails in the Gmail app on my iPad. I’ve asked several times why, and no one has ever responded to me. Dead silence. 

3 minutes ago, ZMA73 said:

Evernote icon works on Gmail on the computers. However, it does not work on Gmail App on the iphone. The icon is there now on the app. However, it doesn't save or do anything. 

I had this issue too, a few days ago, before the icon disappeared. I restarted my phone and it worked fine after the reboot. I just tried it again today and it worked fine for me.

• Like 1