Thanks Paulfischer

The Evernote prompt didn't realy explain the workings.

With the recent increase to the  number of characters in a task means you can use a "lengthy" URL say to a specific page on a website.

Looks quite useful.

well slightly helpful -   I was all giddy for Note Links in tasks.   Imagine the power of being able to build a list of tasks from your notes by clicking on it takes you to that note.  While there is some functionally of that in software it's not super easy.

I would love to be able to do the old build a CONTENTS page of notes that are actually tasks or the good old links.. boom today's todo list done.

task are close to being good but missing simple things imho.

Maybe I am missing something, but I would like to be able to put a Link in a Task that links to another note in Evernote. I cannot work out how to do this as any link generated to a note (app or web) b/c Text when I convert it to a task. 

Am I doing something wrong or is this impossible?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still puzzled by this "feature"...

I've just downloaded/installed  Windows version 10.28.3 on my PC.
The Release Notes say

Fixed - You can now click a link in a task to open a note in Evernote. That'll make it easier for you to pick up right where you left off.

I can't get my head around how you get a link into a task , where that link will open another note...
It would be helpful i f there was an example (video?) of this workflow.
Can anyone explain this to me?

5 hours ago, AdmiralP said:

Can anyone explain this to me?

The only way I've been able to do it is to type the title and space then the link.

E.g.

Test of a link evernote:///view/62022182/s369/f7e1ac5b-7902-4039-892d-ac6760c92b12/8600f682-6fc0-44ed-af25-<del>

Which is really messy, albeit it does actually work.

I'm sure there is a better way to do it though. I've found a few guides but the instructions don't work for me.

Dave67 -

I see what you mean. That's sort of like pitting a local file address or a IRL in the task. However, as you say "it's really ,messy" (to say the least). It would be great if EN could enhance this so that you could use the Note title app link - as you can do with linking notes together, that'd be so much more easy to use and understand. Hopewfully we van hope hat it'll be improved in a forthcoming fortnightly release.

I agree with the previous post which used the Table Of Contents analogy. I would like to have a To-Do list of tasks that link to notes in my local Evernote. I can create  a task link but it opens the note in a browser. I would like it to open local.