subtask/bulleted/indented task lists?

I don't think tasks will really be useful to me until there is a way of grouping tasks- think a bulleted, indented list. Like the feature currently in a note.

I don't see this as a feature request, but certainly may not have found it. Anyone know if this is on the way??

thx,

22 hours ago, ghon said:

You can still use the checklist feature of EN under a task.

This works similar as subtasks

I guess I don't see exactly what you mean. If I have a task listed (in the "Tasks" section), those editing capabilities don't seem present.

8 hours ago, markeh said:

I guess I don't see exactly what you mean. If I have a task listed (in the "Tasks" section), those editing capabilities don't seem present.

This is what a task with checkboxes looks like. The “sub tasks” do not have the overall features of the task. But you can set it up visually. Use the insert option.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just setting it up visually looks like what I want, but they are not 'grouped together' The checkboxes won't move with the task if you drag and drop it in the note or from the tasks view. You can easily get them separated. I just want them to behave like a check box with indented sub-checkboxes or a checkbox with indented bullets underneath - these move as a unit when you drag and drop. Very cool. 

• Evernote Expert

Not an unreasonable request. If sub-tasks are planned then that would be good. As it is the check boxes/lists below a task are an entirely different object so not connected to the task above. Tasks aren't lists so you're fudging a work around that doesn't want to be what you want it to be.

If submit this as a development Division via Feedback or a support ticket.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am late to the conversation but I am trying to take notes for classes and could really use a leveled bullet list.  is there such a feature in EN?`

here is a link to a shot of what I am speaking of when I use word:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0nS4CVbQ6DZjykNgELs2fV_Nq1zGhqI/view?usp=share_link

Thank you for any assistance any of you can provide.

Have a great day.

• 1 year later...

I'm wayyyyy late here but I upvote subtasks with a checkbox.

I have to make my subtasks a list under the task and use strikeout on the text as I complete the subtasks.

This is a must, I am about ready to find another app that supports subtasks.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:06 AM, buckethead said:

This is what a task with checkboxes looks like. The “sub tasks” do not have the overall features of the task. But you can set it up visually. Use the insert option.

image.png

On 4/14/2024 at 4:17 PM, BlingGirl said:

I have to make my subtasks a list under the task and use strikeout on the text as I complete the subtasks.

We know there are changes planned for tasks bit I don't know if they will help with this.

image.thumb.png.37b9c05ffd9981c4b80bfbf6790d358f.png

Personally at the moment I would make each task a note and the subtasks would be EN tasks. You can then use the notes tab of the task view. 

image.png.5fc1bce6e850d4c5323ffd03d803a6de.png