Getting "There's been an error syncing your note. Please reload to resume editing" Message

Hi,

Recently I have been getting a "There's been an error syncing your note. Please reload to resume editing" when I attempt to type anything into a note. This is only happening on one machine (MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) running Big Sur), and only on the desktop version which I have updated to the current release. I have deleted and reinstalled it several times, and happens on any note regardless of length. Anybody know of a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

When a normal uninstall is done, the local database often is not removed. This can lead to continued problems.

You could try this:
  1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't see a solution to this problem in this nor the more Apple-focused thread on this topic, and no, telling me to use the web interface is not a solution. I am also getting this error message and it erases the last thing I wrote when the note is reloaded. It's becoming a real pain to try to recall my phrasing at haphazard intervals. It's becoming a real drag on my productivity. I'd appreciate someone taking a harder look at this because I've been happy with EN since I first started using it and I've never run into an issue that wasn't remedied by uninstalling and reinstalling or by updating. I'm typing everything new into Microsloth Notepad and then copying/pasting it into EN. This is a definite mar on EN's flawless record. Help!

agsteele, 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, but after dealing with it I'm fairly certain it is an internet connectivity issue, not specifically EN's fault. However, I will put in a support ticket because the bug is insufferable. I'm just using the web platform for now and I'm enjoying the performance thus far.