iPad Apple Keyboard not working when multi-tasking

I believe that this issue began following the Apple iPad OS version 15.1 update. The issue is when I am using Evernote as a floating window or as a split screen while using the multi-tasking function of iPad OS my Apple Keyboard does not work. I can type by using the on-screen keyboard, but my connected keyboard doesn't work.

I am not having this issue with any other app that I have encountered so far. And the keyboard works with Evernote when I work on Evernote in full screen mode. I have an iPad Pro, 11-inch and the first generation of Apple Smart Keyboards for iPad Pro 11-inch. 

• Like 1
On 12/9/2021 at 2:37 AM, mattjm04 said:

I can type by using the on-screen keyboard, but my connected keyboard doesn't work.

i have the same issue, It's a hit or miss for me as well. Not sure if you have tried to shutdown and restart your ipad? I also tried Command-Tab and sometimes it works... althought when I swtich over to Apple's Virtual Keyboard, it works. Then I switchback and sometimes it works.

• Like 1
On 12/11/2021 at 3:29 AM, iceman melb said:

i have the same issue, It's a hit or miss for me as well. Not sure if you have tried to shutdown and restart your ipad? I also tried Command-Tab and sometimes it works... althought when I swtich over to Apple's Virtual Keyboard, it works. Then I switchback and sometimes it works.

I restarted my iPad; something I should have already done, rookie mistake. And now it is working much better. I’m seeing this same sort of problem with a few other apps so maybe this is iPad OS problem rather than an individual app issue. Thank you iceman melb for the suggestion, it was really helpful!!