No possibility to change keyboard shortcuts with version 10.26.5 under Windows 11

Could you please be so kind to fix issue - I can't reassign (or disable keyboard shortcuts at all). 

As I am using several languages, some of them requires pressing key combinations to type. For example Alt + N. Which is binded to Evernote 😕 I can't work at all because of this issue.

• Level 5

Why can’t you change your keyboard shortcuts ? It is not hard to do:

Option 1: Click on the keyboard symbol at the bottom of the left panel, beside „Do you need help ?“. The list opens.

Option 2: Open the Help menu, click on Shortcuts.

Once the Shortcuts are open, hover with the mouse over a shortcut text. Now to the left (!) of the text 3 dots appear. Click on them, you get the options to edit, deactivate and (if already changed) set it back to the standard. Use it to deactivate or redefine shortcuts you want to avoid. Some shortcuts may not offer the 3 dots - these can’t be changed.

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Unfortunately I can change on global shortcuts. I can't disable Alt-N or reassign it. And it means that even when I am not using Evernote (it's loaded just in system tray) I can't type by using other languages. 

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Now to the left (!) of the text 3 dots appear.

These three dots available only for "Global" part of shortcuts. And nothing else. All other shortcuts are not editable. 

Prior to v10 it was possible to disable shortcuts at all. 

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Some shortcuts may not offer the 3 dots - these can’t be changed.

Only 5 of them could be changed (less than 5%). All others (97 to be precise) I can't change or disable at all 😕 

43 minutes ago, UnknownUser12 said:

Unfortunately I can change on global shortcuts. I can't disable Alt-N or reassign it. And it means that even when I am not using Evernote (it's loaded just in system tray) I can't type by using other languages. 

What version are you using? Early versions of V10 had only a very limited ability to change shortcuts. 

image.png.333f073622afb80a71f2f17690bef9d4.png

Current version is:

10.26.5-win-ddl-public (3108)
Editor: v136.2.17375
Service: v1.43.5
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I am using exact the same (latest) version.

10.26.5-win-ddl-public (3108)
Editor: v136.2.17375
Service: v1.43.5
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

And the problem is, that I don't have possibility (three dots buttons ...) on any of the shortcuts except listed in "Global" section when I hover mouse over them.

image.png.6bef22730344f19810f5a0bb17e95174.png

I specially put the screenshot of the exact same section when mouse cursor is over "Switch to snippet view" shortcut. From my point of view this is a bug. 

image.thumb.png.a6ecdb57a2b1dcd1a5c22148b4b1be1b.png

• Like 1

There must obviously be something wrong with your instalation - I don't recall reading about this issue before so I don't think it is a wide spread problem, If you are a paying customer you could raise a support ticket with EN. You could also try a complete reinstalation ensuring that the current installation is completely uninstalled first.

No, it's a common issue - I have the exact same problem; I keep checking the forums to see if it was fixed, but it isn't. And my native language, Polish, requires Ctrl+Alt+n for the "ń" sign. I use Evernote Legacy on my laptops to be able to use it at all. :(

• Level 5

Could not try on Windows, works fine on the Mac.

Open keyboard shortcuts, hover with the mouse over the shortcut you want to change.

3 dots appear in front (!) of the shortcut description. Click on them, a submenu opens, with the editing option.

There are shortcuts further down that can not be changed - but all "general" ones are editable.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-20 um 01.46.27.png