Evernote not syncing with Livescribe Pen.

I have not used my Livescribe pen for a while.

I am using Livescribe wifi pen and Livescribe Helper software. 

Syncing via cable. 

Infomation is getting passed to Evernote is incomplete.

Messages in Evernote

Processing Pen Strokes from Pen

Processing Audio from your Pen

But nothing else

• Level 5

Where does it tell EN will completely support a Livescribe pen ? I can't remember they did.

They have a very old (and I think obsolete) support for a Jot Script Pen in Penultimate, and that was it with 3rd party stylus.

What is natively supported are the Apple pencils.

I had the pen for 3 year or so.  Use it a couple of times every year. All was working fine. Till this year.

Livescribe info here

http://www.livescribe.com/en-us/support/wifi-smartpen/howto/wifi.html

Think this is only for the wifi pen.

You connect your livescribe account to evernote account when registering the pen .  Download livescribe helper sofware and all happens magically.

Till now.

• Level 5

Have you ever used it with the current v10 clients ? Or did you always use the legacy client (Windows 6.25, Mac 7.14) ?

You can install and use legacy side by side with the current version. I think this will be the way to continue using Livescribe. I doubt that the new v10 clients will allow this integration. If in doubt, or if you want something official, ask support.

Beside this, all that information on the Livescribe website is from Livescribe, and it is obviously outdated.

328C5341-044E-4CE8-AB50-B0031D120C81.thumb.jpeg.1bfb34fc167df989b72708911c246bb3.jpeg

But why was it working at the start of the year and not now.

How come some of the information is being passed to evernote ? I am getting page number.

I think there could be an error at different stages .

1) Helper Software - not passing all information to Livescribe server

2) Livescribe Server not passing all information to Evernote

3) Pen could be broken 

Like to know if anyone has come across this problem ever ? Must have happened before.

I have other livescribe pens - echo and  3 all work well with evenote .

But this stopped working recently .

Screenshot 2021-12-07 162233.jpeg

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, ablq89 said:

But why was it working at the start of the year and not now.

Hi.  Sometimes software works when (as far as the developers are concerned) it should not - some minor code loophole that allows activity that was not planned.  Evernote are not obliged to service third party software - just to make sure that their published API does what it says it will.  It may very well be that an error was corrected in a later version / the updates that Evernote are continually issuing have accidentally closed a loophole that LiveScribe was using... 

I'd suggest you talk to LS about this - if they're not supporting the product any more you will lose access to more than Evernote as time goes on.

• 5 weeks later...

Just before the Christmas break. They said they will try and Reset (presume they mean clear ) server side. 

I tested on 5/01 and something had changed. ( But still no response from livescribe)

When I did a sync all information was being loaded to the sever  but with same error - no data being passed through.

So I then decided to archive my pen information which was previously not able to do due to errors in syncing.

I managed to archive hoping now things would work - but i still getting the same error.

I am pretty sure its a promblem with livescribe instead if evernote but not be able to confidently say it my pen or their processing.

Let us know if you get any joy. 

Thanks

• Level 5

Just took a look at the Livescribe website.

OK, still doing business. Shop under maintenance, hope this is only temporary.

Then I went to the support page. 8 documents regarding EN, none of it about the problems described in this thread, most documents older and not overhauled to reflect v10 clients. I would cautiously say, coworking with EN is not the main focus of what Livescribe does and makes a living off.

You can probably only continue to try to reach them.

Shop under maintenance - has been going on since I reported the problem.

I thaught it was causing my problem and asked if it could be related. But they said it was only on the selling store. But its a bit worrying how it can be down for 3 weeks or more on commercial site.

No, I'm still seeing the same thing as you: "Processing xxxx....".  I hope that it gets fixed somehow soon.

Hope you have contacted them too - its not going to be looked into if people are not complaining about it.

I have sent them another message saying check out this thread ..will they reply ?

So, Livescribe support sent me a message at 3:30am saying that they're going to delete all of my Evernote data in an attempt to "fix" things.  Is it just me, or is this the most idiotic solution imaginable?  I sent a reply begging them to stop, but who knows what the hell they're doing over there?  I have years of information stored on Evernote.

• Level 5*

Livescribe should not be able to affect information that has been synced with your Evernote account.  The proposed approach sounds very casual for a professional organisation,  even if they're talking about their own records - just check to make sure you have a note of how many notes are currently in your account,  and confirm that again in a day or two.  If there's a difference that you did not authorise,  I'd suggest you complain to all parties!

I most definitely did not authorize any such action on their part, but it sounds as if they're going to do whatever they want.  Here's part of the message that Livescribe sent to me:

... we can attempt to clear your sync data by sending your Evernote data to the trash and you will need to restore it manually ( make sure you have your Wi-Fi turned off ).
We have submitted the request to have your smartpen sync data cleared.
Hope this information helps.

• Level 5

They do not even own the devices they sold to their customers, and they do own none of the data produced using them. That’s the legal view.

Technically I wonder how they can do it. Usually access through an API is limited, for example allowing to send new data, but not interfering with existing one. If they manage to delete stuff in my account, I would for sure revoke access, and hand my Lightscribe to my lawyer - with instructions …

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jodyono said:

So, Livescribe support sent me a message at 3:30am saying that they're going to delete all of my Evernote data in an attempt to "fix" things.  Is it just me, or is this the most idiotic solution imaginable?  I sent a reply begging them to stop, but who knows what the hell they're doing over there?  I have years of information stored on Evernote.

They did this for me !  But got the same problem as before with new data.

I did not have anything important saved so was willing to start again. I think I lost all my data saved in evernote too. It would have been worth for me if this worked but it has not - so now left with a pen that you can't back information. Very dissappointed with Livescribe support team.

I'm upset because they did not ASK me whether I wanted them to wipe my data.  Their email sounds as if they're just going to go ahead and do it without my approval.  It does not sound like they actually have access to my data.  They email says that, "We have submitted the request to have your smartpen data cleared."  So, obviously, they probably request the wipe from Evernote.  It does not make sense that they can do that without my telling Evernote that it's okay to do so.

• Level 5

No, I think they simply use the API access to the EN account to perform some black magic. It is probably the same access you used to sync the pens data.

Which means as well they have full control over what the pen is syncing, maybe even can read every word you write. Probably I am too paranoid here, but is it paranoid enough ?

Brave new world ...

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue with my wifi pen just before Christmas. I had started interviewing for new engineers and one day the note synced and then a couple of days later the next one wouldn't. I assumed i had reached my limits on uploads as I had the free EN account, but upgraded and they still didn't sync. The notes are there, just say processing. I logged a ticket with Livescribe and still havent had a reply.  

I have not had a reply after telling its still not working after they reset everthing and now unable to link notes and sound .

Very poor service.  

If they offer the reset option - don't go for it it just make things worse

Indeed, the reset option is a thoughtless shot-in-the-dark that doesn't work.  Luckily for me, they were unable to actually do the reset, which was great since I was begging them not to.  They have not offered any real solution and still nothing shows up after syncing the pen except for those stupid messages saying that they're processing something or other.