Web Clipper Won't Clip Certain Page

First of all if I posted this in the wrong place apologies.

Next, I'm on Chromebook and using only the online version, I cannot "install" anything.

My question is, does Web Clipper not work on certain pages?

It is working on other pages but not when I try to clip this page:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/afghanistan-war-neocons-george-w-bush-would-you-know-isn-ncna1277267

Click the green elephant and nothing happens.

I've disabled and re-enabled it, and get message "this page needs to be reloaded before you can clip it", reload page and again same result.

Thanks.

• Evernote Expert

I don't know about this specific site but some block web clipping. For example my bank prevents the use of screen shots which also affects the web clipper. Could that be the issue? What about other pages from nbcnews.com?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Clipper's not a 100% solution - sometimes I get around this issue on random pages by using the browser features to 'print' the page to PDF and attach that file to a note;  others by copy/ paste / alternative page grabbers like Nimbus screenshot etc. etc...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

I don't know about this specific site but some block web clipping. For example my bank prevents the use of screen shots which also affects the web clipper. Could that be the issue? What about other pages from nbcnews.com?

Same result with articles from nbcnews.com -- would someone else not using Chrome OS try to use Web Clipper on that site and advise?

3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Clipper's not a 100% solution - sometimes I get around this issue on random pages by using the browser features to 'print' the page to PDF and attach that file to a note;  others by copy/ paste / alternative page grabbers like Nimbus screenshot etc. etc...

Yes, I get around it by just using copy and paste, but Web Clipper has somewhat spoiled me in that it's so doggone easy. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, DreamWeaver2500 said:

would someone else not using Chrome OS try to use Web Clipper on that site and advise?

Looks like I can clip that content without problems - all options appear available in Chrome-based Brave: simplified / article / page / clip.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Looks like I can clip that content without problems - all options appear available in Chrome-based Brave: simplified / article / page / clip.

OK thanks. Appears the results for using Evernote Web Clipper vary between Windows OS and Chrome OS then or did I misinterpret?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
42 minutes ago, DreamWeaver2500 said:

Appears the results for using Evernote Web Clipper vary between Windows OS and Chrome OS then or did I misinterpret?

No clue. I'm on Windows,  you're on Chrome - but we're both on a Chrome browser... so I dunno.  That's a Support question...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Tried on Mac, Safari: No problem, standard clipping, clip appears after a short wait in EN v10.26 Mac.

It is however not a „nice“ website, the clip contains a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the content, but a lot with how this page is selling you ads while having your attention to it. I think that probably some of this stuff creates the problem - because the dynamic content of the ads will change while you have the page open.

Sometimes I have had this reloading problem myself. Occasionally it helps to reload, sometimes it helps to switch into reader mode, sometimes I am forced to clip using a different tool. It is not WebClipper, it it the weird world of modern websites that kills the experience.

But this page, as posted above, was working pretty well when clipped.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Tried on Mac, Safari: No problem, standard clipping, clip appears after a short wait in EN v10.26 Mac.

It is however not a „nice“ website, the clip contains a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the content, but a lot with how this page is selling you ads while having your attention to it. I think that probably some of this stuff creates the problem - because the dynamic content of the ads will change while you have the page open.

Sometimes I have had this reloading problem myself. Occasionally it helps to reload, sometimes it helps to switch into reader mode, sometimes I am forced to clip using a different tool. It is not WebClipper, it it the weird world of modern websites that kill the experience.

But this page, as posted above, was working pretty well when clipped.

Thank you. So it's working on other OSs but on Chrome OS, even with all extensions disabled, nothing happens when click the elephant. This is interesting, been using Clipper a whole lot over several years and haven't run into this before! 

• Thanks 1