How can I export (save) all my notes at once?

Hi,

I like to back up Evernote every-week.

In the Evernote Legacy, I used to be able to do this but now it is not updating with the current Evernote version.

The current Evernote version only allows the user to select 50 notes at once.

In the Legacy version , I would select all notes and then export them ast HTML or enex files.

Best,

-BrianP

• Level 5*

Hi.  As far as I'm aware,  a Legacy Evernote installed alongside v10 will continue to keep itself up to date with changes when it is active.  It's also possible to select a complete notebook for export if you start from the v10 notebook tab.

• Level 5

It makes no sense to export all notes to ENEX - the information note - notebook is lost, all notes are on a heap.

In v10 you can export every notebook to ENEX or HTML regardless of its size.

My solution is much easier: I simply save the local EN data folder, as a part of my general backup. I could restore from that folder - which is highly unlikely, given there is a full copy in the cloud, and another on each desktop I use. But better be safe than sorry …

In v10, you can only export 50 notes at a time. EN Legacy does not limit the number of notes to export. The problem I am having is EN Legacy stopped syncing with my EN v10.

Where to I find the EN data folder as I like the idea of saving the folder as BU?

I don't feel safe with a full copy being in the cloud and another on each desktop as they sync with one another so the error in one location appears in all other synced locations.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, brihi said:

Where to I find the EN data folder as I like the idea of saving the folder as BU?

Windows          C:/users/<youraccount>/appdata/roaming /evernote    
Mac                     /Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Evernote

>In v10, you can only export 50 notes at a time

In v10, you can export an entire notebook with no limit on the note count

>The problem I am having is EN Legacy stopped syncing with my EN v10.

There is only one master version, maintained on the servers (web client)
Both Legacy and v10 sync with this version

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

@brihi No EN client syncs with each other. All clients sync with the server, and all other clients get their information from there.

If you want to see where a sync stalls, take a look at the web client, that shows the server state. Compare it to the clients.

The 50 notes limit does not play a role for a backup - or do you backup selections of notes ? Export all makes no sense (see above), and you can export any notebook, no matter what size.

For the database folder name OS and EN client. 2 options see above.