"Capture screen" clipper not working in Windows 11

Hi, I just bought a Windows 11 laptop. I'm using the latest version of Evernote. The "alt-ctrl-s" screen capture function is not working within Evernote, nor globally. Anyone using this feature in Windows 11 and have it working? Thanks, Alan

• Level 5

EN brings its own helper, that will install in the taskpad (if Win 11 still has it …). The helper has options to grab a crosshairs section, a single window or the whole screen. This is how grabbing to EN works.

No idea about the general screenshot feature of Win 11.

• Level 5

Well, not using Windows 11 myself, and having no plans to do so I really have no idea.

But if it worked with Win10 and stopped with Win11, to me it sounds like a Windows (update) problem. I have read a lot about Win11 being more a beta than a release software. Maybe they just have not implemented it (yet).

I think for quite some time now the old screenshot tool (Alt-Ctrl-S) has been replaced with the new Shift-Win-S. Maybe you try this key combination?

With the new tool you can make rectangle shots, but also polygon or freeform.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

@Alanbarker - I just got a Windows 11 machine, and I'm experiencing the same problem. My Windows 7 and Mac can still do the region capture. Were you able to fix it by any chance? I'd appreciate any ideas you might have. I use this feature more than any other. The Windows snipping tool (ctl + alt + S) is a pain, and doesn't allow direct import into Evernote as I'm sure you've discovered. Thanks!

• Evernote Expert

This is a problem created by Microsoft. Win 11 intercepts the screen capture.

There isn't a fix yet. I'm using Win+S then pasting into a note. Not quite the old Evernote screen capture but close enough for me.

A fix will depend on either Microsoft sitting out its changes or Evernote Devs working out what has changed in Win 11 and rolling out a fix. Either way I'm not expecting a speedy resolution.

• 1 year later...

Know this an old thread, but a year later nad not working in win 11, and saying it's windows - hummm.

If starting the "Evernote Legacy" the {clip screen with crooshair] works fine... just for info.

So why can't they make it working... 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, grawsom said:

Hi.  It would be helpful to know what device you're using,  plus your windows and Evernote versions,  and to have a full explanation of exactly what you expect Evernote to 'fix'.  Windows has certain built-in processes that are not available to any third party software.  Evernote can't strongarm the OS into doing anything differently - but on the other hand there are clipping options that do work with various versions of Windows and will save or paste an image into Evernote.  What's to fix?

• Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, grawsom said:

Perhaps because the Win+S method works just as well so it isn't a priority. I don't know the answer other than the alternative works well enough.