Integrate tasks with task managers

jvankempen

Idea

How easy would life get when you finish your notes in Evernote with some tasks and instead of them staying locked up in the minimal internal task manager, they get send to your full-blown task manager (todoist, Trello etc). I'm surprised to find this integration is not available either directly or through a tool like IFTTT. It seems the API is entirely missing.

I don't think Evernote is planing to concur that market, so an integration would make Evernote even more valuable within the ecosystem.

• Like 3

10 replies to this idea

Agree completely here @jvankempen.  The updates to Evernote recently have been great overall for me personally, but the only thing its missing is integration with task managers.  I came to this forum for the same reason: to see if there was an API for the new Tasks feature.  Disappointed to see it doesn't exist.

@RobertJLee I use RTM and its integration is for "Reminders" _not_ the new Tasks.  Since there's no API for this (yet?), there can't be an integration with anything.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 12/1/2021 at 5:46 AM, jvankempen said:

instead of them staying locked up in the minimal internal task manager

I added my vote   
I don't use a task manager service; I just want the data to be available    
I use a spreadsheet for a Gantt view of my sorted task list

• Like 1

Count me in for this as well -- would be great to add to the API for Zapier. Reminders are there, and yes, it works well, but that is to remind related to the note, not a true task. I know the task feature is great and glad it is finally here, especially with the calendar integration for adding action items/ tasks in the meeting notes. But I need to route them to the task manager and can not currently without adding them to the API. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Rob Bernabé said:

bertJLee I use RTM and its integration is for "Reminders" _not_ the new Tasks.  Since there's no API for this (yet?), there can't be an integration with anything.

Correct - and they become "tasks" in RTM which may be edited from within RTM to some degree.

Voted this up as well. As Evernote is running an interesting additional approach to add tasks to rich notes, opening up the API would be very nice to enhance real task management with rich note taking of Evernote. Would highly appreciate it.

Came here looking for this. Sad that it doesn't exist. Even if it's just bare bones sync tasks back and forth and all you get is either completed or not completed syncing, just SOMETHING. Also the calendar thing in evernote is super cool but I find it to be buggy in that sometimes it doesn't show all my events on the first load.