When I delete a notebook it disappears and then reappears. This is an issue on my Android phone as well as my PC.

BTW, I have downgraded to the free version of Evernote.

Edited by DannyBoy
missing info
  • Level 5

The downgrade does not play a role.

You could try this on the PC:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote
Once they are gone there, and this has synced to the EN server, I think it will correct itself on Android as well.
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

The downgrade does not play a role.

You could try this on the PC:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote
Once they are gone there, and this has synced to the EN server, I think it will correct itself on Android as well.

Thank you once again for your assistance on a new issue. Unfortunately, this solution did not work. The deleted notebook returns moments after it has been deleted.

• Level 5

Somehow it looks as if there is a sort of interlocking between the PC and the Android client. Since on Free, the solution to look it up on the web client is not good - this would be device #3.

What I can think about is this:

Log out of the Android client

Dump data if asked, empty the cache on the phone

Now try the above procedure again on the PC. There should now be no interference from the Android client, since it is logged out. 

Not sure whether it works…

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Somehow it looks as if there is a sort of interlocking between the PC and the Android client. Since on Free, the solution to look it up on the web client is not good - this would be device #3.

Now try the above procedure again on the PC. There should now be no interference from the Android client, since it is logged out. 

Thank you. Will do and post the result.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Still cannot delete notebooks.

I also tried signing out of the PC client (dumping data), signing out of android client, uninstall client, reinstall client. Still N.G.