New Web Clipper Version 7.17 Broken, Stopped Functioning Upon Update

The Web Clipper stopped functioning in Safari as soon as I installed  the new version 7.17 on November 22. Clearing the cache and reinstalling a second copy from the Mac App Store did not help. The new application apparently destroyed the previous app, because it’s not in the Trash; I’ll probably have to restore the old version from a Time Machine backup because Evernote even fails to archive old versions. 

This is an unnecessary and time-consuming hassle in the middle of a busy workweek that has me looking at alternative applications from other developers. 

• Like 1

Same problem here... :(

I am a user with subscription since 2010... But for sure I am going to cancel Evernote for good. Not just the subscription, but the stop using Evernote.

The glory days of Evernote are gone... there is an issue almost every time with updates and upgrades. I am done.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

In short: Works for me, WebClipper 7.17, Safari 15.1, BigSur 11.6.1.

Is WebClipper activated in Safari settings ?

It is not EN not providing older versions. AFAIK Safari extensions are only installed via the AppStore. The AppStore does not allow for versions - it is always the latest that is offered, no roll back possible. I think there is no sideloading of extensions neither.

Workaround (I don’t see it as necessary…): Install another browser, install WebClipper there. My secondary browser is Firefox, working as well just fine with WebClipper.