Can't start Evernote after update to 10.25.6

• Level 5

The plan is relevant because there may be one reason that can hit Free users, not subscribers: The device limit.

Go to your account settings, tab devices and check if you exceed the device limit. If yes, unsync devices to get down to only 1 device. It may be that EN treats your Mac as a new device. You will be able to connect when a free device is available.

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The plan is relevant because there may be one reason that can hit Free users, not subscribers: The device limit.

Go to your account settings, tab devices and check if you exceed the device limit. If yes, unsync devices to get down to only 1 device. It may be that EN treats your Mac as a new device. You will be able to connect when a free device is available.

Thanks for reply. But unfortunately this didn't work. Tried to unsync all devices in Evernote Web (settings in the app are not available) and then reinstall Evernote for Mac and reauthorized to account. The same... (

• Level 5

OK - next step is to try this:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

OK - next step is to try this:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 

Thank you so much for trying to help me. Looks like I've SOLVED the problem. After unsync all devices I uninstall Evernote with CleanMyMac. Then I downloaded Evernote app from the official site - not Mac App Store - and installed it again. Everything works now!

• Like 1