Add tasks by voice/Siri integration

Fcroen

Idea

Add tasks by voice/Siri integration

I need the ability to quickly add a task to Evernote without opening the app. I have been using a competing task manager that allows Siri integration with a shortcut. It would also be helpful for the app to permit smart language recognition so due dates could be automatically recognized in the text of a task.

• Like 8

12 replies to this idea

7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What device are you using?

Device shouldn't matter for iOS. Is there an iOS device that is still supported that cannot use Siri?

This is something that has been asked for since tasks were in beta. It would be great to quick add via voice. Adding an upvote for this request.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

All automation integrations sort of have trouble with EN v10. Most of the old shortcuts from the shortcuts app don’t work any longer.

When asking Siri to create a new note, the answer is „Unfortunately EN does not support Siri“.

The ball lays clearly in the EN section of the playground !

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Not really important with iOS - devices from the 2015 iPhone 6S ‚til the iPhone 13 run on the same iOS version 15. And Siri (server based) is available on older devices as well - but these can’t run EN v10. The current EN needs at least  iOS 13, and this means the same devices that run iOS 15 as well. And there is no reason not to update - iOS 15 is snappy even of the oldest devices running it.

There are differences in some abilities (like Siri offline), but this does not play a role here. EN can’t be reached through Siri. To enable it, EN needs to be empowered, there is nothing Apple can do about it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Personally I doubt it will be that easy - I think the extra layer of code added by the framework shields the app running inside from outside contacts. It is not only Siri, shortcuts are not working neither, and on the Mac AppleScript fails to run.

This looks as something very basic, probably not easy to fix, if at all.