Resizing pictures

The problem:

1. I add pictures to a note

2. I resize the pictures using desktop app (on windows)

3. I open the note on mobile

4. All pictures are reset to their original size. Extremely annoying and makes it really hard to make progress. Imagine you're writing a dissertation and have 25 handwritten notes imported as PNG files and it is resized every time you open the note on mobile.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you have 25 images on a mobile you probably wouldn't be able to read them without a microscope.  If you tap the image you can see and swipe left you should page through the series - and page back again as necessary.  Is there another option you would prefer?

• Level 5
On 11/20/2021 at 7:22 PM, endre said:

The problem:

1. I add pictures to a note

2. I resize the pictures using desktop app (on windows)

3. I open the note on mobile

4. All pictures are reset to their original size. Extremely annoying and makes it really hard to make progress. Imagine you're writing a dissertation and have 25 handwritten notes imported as PNG files and it is resized every time you open the note on mobile.

Easy to solve:

Create a table in the note, 25 rows, 2 columns.

You put each picture into a table cell.

You control the size in which the pictures show by adjusting the column width. This is easier when you have 2 columns - you move the separator between the columns, instead of altering the table width. Maybe use the 2nd column for picture titles or remarks.

The good with this method: You retain the original size and resolution. The table column width only controls how the picture shows. But you can always extract and use the original quality pic.

On mobile you have a one-click option to adjust the table width to the screen size.