Is there any way to do a clean search from the keyboard?

on mac the global shortcuts for evernote is Control+Comand+E , but it will still have whatever filters I had used last (usually filtering by a notebook).

Is there any way to clear the filters, from the keyboard? 

Looking at the  Keyboard shortcuts in Evernote for Mac  I don't say any (reset search not available), and I tried to specify notebook:othernotebook but that doesn't overwrite the one already listed in Filters. 

So, am I forced to reach to the mouse and click on the x for the previous filter?

9 hours ago, ecerulm said:

on mac the global shortcuts for evernote is Control+Comand+E , but it will still have whatever filters I had used last (usually filtering by a notebook).

Is there any way to clear the filters, from the keyboard? 

If you start with a notebook by clicking the notebook in the sidebar and then filter you can clear that filter by going to "Notes" which is alt-ctrl-2 (on windows - sorry you will have to look it up for Mac).

If you are filtering "Notes" this doesn't work because you are already in "Notes". I personally think that hitting "Notes" should always clear the search.

The simplest work around is to create a shortcut to a note and put it somehwere near the top (ie in the first 9) of the shortcut list. e.g. if it's in position 4 you can access it with ctrl-4. That effectively clears the search and the global search shortcut then seems to work as I would expect.

You may have to play around for something that will work with your specific work flow but some combination of a shortcut key to a shortcut and the shortcut to notes should give you what you want. You could even have a "pseudo notes" which is a search string of  * saved as a saved search.

• Like 1

So let's see for mac the steps that work are:

Cmd+Control+E , to bring Evernote to front and select search

Cmd+Option+1, to go to Notes (Home), this clears both the search text (if any) and the filters   (notebook filter,etc)

Cmd+Control+E again to select search

I think I'm going to fill a Feature Request so that this process it's easier. 

see Keyboard shortcuts in Evernote for Mac for a complete list of the shortcuts

Edited by ecerulm
remove unnecessary step
  • Like 2

Alternative:

Cmd+Control+E , to bring Evernote to front and select search

Cmd+J : to bring the "switch to..." box

type the search

press arrow up to select "Search for ... in Notes"

Press enter

that will trigger a search and clear the filters. but you can't use any advanced stuff on the search like notebook:mynotebookname or contains:attachment, etc. 

• Like 1