Multiple copies of notes being created

Often when I create a new note, I will get a warning that multiple copies of the same note exist. Since this is occurring as I create a new note for the first time, the error is quite bizarre. Anyone else experiencing this and/or know what is triggering it and how to solve it? A second note is, in fact, being created, but appears to be a partial copy of the one I am then working on. Obviously creates confusion so hoping to get to the bottom of it. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

This happens to me too, often. It is devastating and extremely annoying. The Evernote app is one of the worst products I have ever used. I often loose notes and very often gets duplications where parts of the updates I just made are added to different documents (of all copies). Right now, I got 30 copies of a single document while updating 2 sentences. I am incredibly disappointed at the software development at Evernote. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I've deleted two of the other duplicate posts,  and I see I also replied to one of the others...  Please don't do that again - it just makes more work and confusion for us users managing the forums.  One issue, one post please!  I sympathise with the frustration,  but it's a lot more productive to find a fix or a work-around rather than just posting here!  Try Support for starters...

Same problem here. This morning Evernote made 14 exact copies of one note.

I've spent 8 months not being able to save notes at all on my android, finaly they fixed it but then the windows version starts making copies like crazy.

This is so annoying, why do I pay for this?

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Andis said:

This is so annoying, why do I pay for this?

Amongst other things,  you pay for access to Support (which is not us - mainly other users here) who could probably help you nail down why things are going wrong for you.

I have a good network connection and (usually) only one device with Evernote active.  I don't get duplicates.

15 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Amongst other things,  you pay for access to Support (which is not us - mainly other users here) who could probably help you nail down why things are going wrong for you.

I have a good network connection and (usually) only one device with Evernote active.  I don't get duplicates.

Well, if the app worked properly, I wouldn't need constant support. Since they 'downgraded' to nr 10, I've had multiple problems, the app was impossible to use for the first three months, since I started using it again there has always been problems. Not small problems, but problems that made it unusable. For eight months I haven't been able to save notes on my android, I'v hade multiple other problems constantly. I had to use Evernote legacy mostly. Btw, I have a great network connection.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Andis said:

Well, if the app worked properly, I wouldn't need constant support.

It seems to work properly* for a lot of folks,  so I don't know why you're being singled out for issues - and its entirely your choice whether or not to ask for help.

* for a certain definition of 'properly' - there are complaints about speed and other glitches,  but nothing special (AFAIK) about duplicates.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, ebellon said:

I’m done! After years of using, I’m tired of duplicates for no reason. Bye bye Evernote! 👋

Curious what you plan to use instead. I understand the frustrations, but always end up back with Evernote despite it all after exploring the alternatives.

• Like 1