I'm totally losing confidence in Evernote. Total loss of reliability

I've been a paying Evernote user since the beginning and have always trusted the product, but for a few months now it's been impossible to use the product.
I tend to use Evernote in meetings, classes and trainings, capturing screenshots and taking notes and calls and the reliability is terrible.
The product loses everything that was written and we have to write it all over again dozens of times.
Lately I have to take notes in Word and trying to bring notes back to Evernote I end up missing screen shots.
I'm sorry but it's no use adding new features if the product's basic reliability is poor. The company will close if it doesn't focus on reliability.
I'm using a v. 10.3.7 build 2018 Public Editor v.111.0.14414 Service v1.22.6
In addition, several old notes lost their editability and became a monolithic HTML, making editing difficult.
Sincerely, if I were the CEO of this company I would fire the entire leadership team because it's been a sub-critical job. UNFORTUNATE !!!!!
How do you want to maintain yourself or even grow if you don't deliver even the basics....
Yours sincerely,
Marcelo Blum

Sou usuário pagante do Evernote desde o início e sempre confiei no produto mas de alguns meses para cá está impossível usar o produto.

Eu costumo usar o Evernote em reuniões, aulas e treinamentos, capturando screen shots e fazendo anotações e inserindo links e a confiabilidade está terrível.

O produto perde tudo o que foi escrito e temos que escrever tudo de novo dezenas de vezes.

Ultimamente tenho que anotar no Word e ao tentar trazer as notas de volta para o Evernote acabo perdendo os screen shots.

Eu lamento mas de nada adianta acrescentar recursos novos se o básico de confiabilidade do produto está sofrível. A empresa vai fechar se não focar na confiabilidade. 

Estou usando a v. 10.3.7 build 2018 public Editor v.111.0.14414 Serviço v1.22.6

Além disso várias notas antigas perderam a editabilidade e passaram a ser um HTML monolitico dificultando a edição.

Sinceramente se eu fosse o CEO dessa empresa demitiria a equipe de liderança inteira porque está sendo um trabalho abaixo da crítica. LAMENTÁVEL !!!!!

Como vocês querem se manter ou mesmo crescer se não entregam nem o básico....

Atenciosamente,

Marcelo Blum

Edited by Marcelo Blum
Translating into english
  • Marcelo Blum changed the title to I'm totally losing confidence in Evernote. Total loss of reliability
40 minutes ago, Marcelo Blum said:

Estou usando a v. 10.3.7 build 2018 public Editor v.111.0.14414 Serviço v1.22.6

That's a very old version. The current Windows version is 

10.25.6-win-ddl-public (3073)
Editor: v135.2.17285
Service: v1.42.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I think you should at least base your assessment on the current version rather than one which is 22 updates behind.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
49 minutes ago, Marcelo Blum said:

it's been impossible to use the product ... v. 10.3.7 build 2018 Public Editor v.111.0.14414 Service v1.22.6

I'm using the Evernote Legacy product on a Mac with no issues
The v10 product is a work-in-progress; I won't switch until I'm satisfied it's ready for general use

Em 17/11/2021 at 11:00, Mike P disse:

That's a very old version. The current Windows version is 

10.25.6-win-ddl-public (3073)
Editor: v135.2.17285
Service: v1.42.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I think you should at least base your assessment on the current version rather than one which is 22 updates behind.

Thanks, Mike for the answer but last week I deleted the previous Evernote Windows install and got the latest version from the Evernote site and installed it. After that Evernote keept pushing me new versions almost every day and I always accepted the upgrades so it comes to my mind that Evernote is creating lots of builds that doesn´t work so what is the racionale of releasing too much builds that got obsolete in a week... In my humble opinion it reinforces the disaster of the Evernote development team job.  As I said, I use Evernote since the company inception and It is core tool in my life. I always have the latest versions of every software I use and my complains are not related to specific versions but to the whole company policy in terms of taking care of the product core reliability and I suffer such problems for a long time. My laptop is a 12 core Core I7 with 32 GB of RAM and with a fully updated OS. Following your advide, I just forced the upgrade to the latest version and I will observe the behavior. If you have had a reliable experience with Evernote along the last 2 years, please let me know how to get it, because my experience has been really disappointing.  All the best ! Marcelo

• Evernote Expert

The multiple upgrades is an error. EN only updates once or twice a month.

This is usually an indication of a damaged installation. You should completely uninstall AND ensure that the data and program directories are completely removed. Then reinstall the current version. Login and allow the data to be rebuilt.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Marcelo Blum said:

If you have had a reliable experience with Evernote along the last 2 years, please let me know how to get it, because my experience has been really disappointing. 

My experience has not been reliable for the last two years - early versions were very disappointing. However the current few versions have been pretty good on hardware well below the spec of your laptop. I do get the ocassional unexplained duplicate note but I have never lost any notes. There are still plenty of niggles and I wouldn't describe it as amazingly fast but I now rarely have to open up the legacy version. 

• Like 1
7 horas atrás, Mike P disse:

My experience has not been reliable for the last two years - early versions were very disappointing. However the current few versions have been pretty good on hardware well below the spec of your laptop. I do get the ocassional unexplained duplicate note but I have never lost any notes. There are still plenty of niggles and I wouldn't describe it as amazingly fast but I now rarely have to open up the legacy version. 

Thanks for the feedback. I really don´t mind if some duplicated notes appear, as long as I don´t lose information. Sometimes I have 10/15 duplicated notes, what is annoying but we can live with it. What pisses me off is facing lots of crashes with content loss during meeting and classes. Sometimes I have two/three pages of typed information and suddenly I lose everything. Since yestesday I got another update and almost every day I have a new one. It shows desperation to fix things quickly what would be good but everyday updates are much of a proof that they are totally lost as good products have better Quality Assurance and less updates. Let´s hope they improve and we don´t need to chose another solution. 

16 horas atrás, agsteele disse:

The multiple upgrades is an error. EN only updates once or twice a month.

This is usually an indication of a damaged installation. You should completely uninstall AND ensure that the data and program directories are completely removed. Then reinstall the current version. Login and allow the data to be rebuilt.

This is not the reality. I did what you suggested a few times, creating clean installs,,.  They are in truth pushing updates all the time. Yesterday I updated my version to the latest and today I got another update with a different version and build.... 

• Level 5

You know what mathematics is ? 

Then divide 50 weeks by 25 releases (desktop), or by 21 (mobile).

What is the result ?

One update every 2-3 weeks. On average, some maybe a bit faster, some a bit later.

Nobody can prevent when you did NOT update that if you do it today, there will be another tomorrow. But if you were always up to date, you get the next appr. 2-3 weeks from the last one.

You want NO updates ? Easy as well, just roll back to legacy - no more updates, never ever. EN promised, and I am sure they will keep this promise. It will stop working some day, but this is another story.

6 hours ago, Marcelo Blum said:

What pisses me off is facing lots of crashes with content loss during meeting and classes. Sometimes I have two/three pages of typed information and suddenly I lose everything.

This simply does not happen to me. I understand that is not much help to you but I would be raising a support tiket if this is your experience.

Since yestesday I got another update and almost every day I have a new one.

So what version are you on now? If you are not on 10.25 you are still not on the upto date version. If you are then you should not get another update for a couple of weeks. If you are on 10.25 and are still getting upgrades there is something wrong somewhere.

today I got another update with a different version and build.... 

Specifics would help. Which version.

• Level 5

Legacy is part of the transition strategy, so no problem for nobody to install and use it.

But we all should be aware that legacy (all apps) proved to be a burden on the company in the past. EN was hardly able to keep up with OS and browser releases on the different platforms - devoting nearly all dev resources just  to keep up. Trying to continue this would have grounded the company - at least there was no forward momentum visible the last years of legacy.

Now legacy is an asset - because it is available, but being EOL not consuming any precious resources. Enjoy it as long as it will be along, and be prepared it may stop working one day.